First visit to Solitude

Ana's POV

I reached my dorm room around 4 in evening. My first day of the college went good.. I was laying on my bed, tired and exhausted.. Our dorm rooms were classified into 2 categories ‘A’ and ‘B’..

'A' category had people staying alone in a room.. and ‘B’ category had two people staying in a room.. I stayed in the A rooms..   and since I was staying alone and had recently shifted… I had yet to do a lot of work.. like adjusting the wardrobe and arranging my books…  I decided to get to work..

  My room was not huge so it did not take me long to clean the room. I arranged the books in the shelves and arranged the clothes in the wardrobe..  after 2 hrs of cleaning and adjusting it finally looked fine…  It was already 6 and I was feeling hungry; just then my phone rang.. “hey” Lara said. “hi”  “I and kelvin are going to grab coffee. Wanna join!” lara asked. “we’ll show you some places around too.” She said.

Lara had been staying here since last 2 years..  she used to stay in ‘B’ rooms until recently when she moved out of the dorm to move in with Kelvin. “I don’t want to be the 3rd wheel between you two.” I said.. “oh come on! I and Kelvin stay together and we get ample amount of time for each other and I am sure Kelvin wouldn’t mind…” lara said.. “and will you?” I asked, teasing her.. “not until I discover u are secretly planning to rob him away..” she joked and we both laughed.. “I’ll see u by 6:30. Meet me outside the dorm campus.” She said.. “okay boss!”I replied..

I decided to get a quick shower before leaving. I was waiting outside the campus when a car pulled up.. “hey girl” lara said..  I hopped inside the backseat of the car.. with Kelvin driving and Lara sitting next to him in the passenger seat.. it took us just 5 mins to reach the café.. It was called ‘Skies’. “trust me this place serves the best coffee I’ve ever had.” Lara said..  I ordered for a black coffee while both of them ordered for Espresso.. after staying there and talking about random stuffs like ex-residence, ex-school ex-college etc etc .. Kelvin asked me.. “so, talk about your family.. do u have siblings or what do your parents do?”

“Now since we are friends”, I said.. “I’ll tell u one thing very honestly: My family is a topic I don’t like talking about.  You’ll can say that I have no family.. and please never ever bring this topic again.” I said bluntly.. I know it might sound rude but I didn’t care. My family is something I never want to talk about.

"We’re sorry.." both said in unison.. “Its ok” I smiled..  “So where are we heading to next?” I asked and with my sudden change in mood.. both were relaxed..

We drove along and Lara showed the malls that passed in the way.. the restaurants we can come to eat someday.. We drove around and stopped at some sort of garden or park..
It was named Solitude.

We went in and I immediately loved that place. It was greenery all around. The place had water stream running down and place to sit besides it. Although the place was heavenly there weren’t many people around and it made the place even more peaceful. I had a feeling this place is going to be  my peace. My rescuer.

We sat there for some time before heading to the dorm. I wanted to stay longer but I couldn’t.. staying in dorm meant having strict timing rules.. and I wasn’t allowed to stay late outside..
Lara and Kelvin were kind enough to drop me back, despite the face that their home was on the way back... I was really thankful to them..

I reached my room. I had taken a pizza on my way back since I was too lazy to go to the college mess for the dinner.. I was sitting on my bed eating the pizza, mentally recalling all that happened and I was happy how this day turned out to be.. I was happy to meet people like Lara and Kelvin.  And just as I was mentally going through all the new people I met today including prof. Peter and Shellna-the bitch,
a handsome face crossed my mind.. Prof. Eric… ohh yes how can I forget about him.. ‘I only protect things that are mine’ his words from the day earlier crossed my mind. I blushed. “why would he say that. Why wud anybody want to protect me.” Although it felt nice to think someone being there for u and thinking about u and concerned about u I knew for sure that I should not expect anything from anybody..
When my own parents didn’t bother much about me and did what they did to me.. why will a stranger like him even care about my existence.. I realised there were tears forming in the corner of my eyes.. “I cannot or besides I should not trust anyone. People change in the nick of time.” I told myself. I went to sleep trying not to think too hard abt Prof. Eric or his statement…

__________________________________

Hi guys, I am extremely sorry for not posting it on time and since I am late I will make up for this... I'll be posting 3 stories back to back today to make up for the loss and to get back on track.
__________________________________
I hope you liked it so far.
Please like, comment, vote and support ❤❤

Next chapter: A trip around the college with our hero.