Stay Alert

Ana's POV :

We reached Alark, to the same bus stand, we had boarded the bus from just 3 days back.
  Tired , sleepy, hungry, weren’t enough to describe our condition. Luckily we had the next day off, before joining the academy back.

Students had their parents, siblings, or friends waiting for them to pick them up. Some, like me, went in groups to the hostel.

  We were just following Eric who did not even wait to formally say goodbye to the fellow teachers. He just went on his direction and located his vehicle.

I saw Prof. Peter and Jenna both glare at us, as we hopped in his car.
I decided to take the backseat since we were under observation but as soon as I opened the door Eric called me out.
“why are you sitting behind honey?” he asked.

I don't know if he was really clueless or  he was just pretending.
Because normally he has a really good observations.

“they are looking at us.” I eye motioned him in their direction and they were still looking in our way, which was kind of annoying.

“come ahead and sit.” I heard his firm voice.

“but--”

“just come here babe.” I did as I was told.

Lara and Kelvin took their seats and they were still looking in the directions of the 2 teachers, from the window of the car, who were still looking at us.

Jenna’s face flexed in anger and Peter, smirking. His face showing signs of victory.

We dropped Lara and Kelvin to their place and as we passed the same streets again flashbacks from the time we confessed our love to each other came to my mind. 

It was more or less the similar set up. He was driving the same streets, with the same darkness of the evening and I was sitting just next to him the same way.

So much had changed between us since then. I had grown so much as a person. I smiled at myself looking out of the window.

He kept his hands over mine and held them, still looking ahead while I turned to look at him.

“are we both feeling nostalgic?” he asked as we locked our hands with our fingers entwined.

I could feel my face getting warm even with the minimal contact that we had. But he couldn’t see me blush, thanks to absence of light.

He drove past the diversion and I realised that we weren’t heading to the hostel.

“we aren’t going to your place, are we?” I turned to him, seeing him smirk.

He nodded. “I plan to finish whatever we had started in the camp.”

I turned my face away, looking out of the window unsure of what to feel. There was a sudden rush of adrenaline making me nervous and excited to a point where my stomach went in knots.

Unknowingly I held his hands even tighter, confused as the irony that the source of my anxiety and my peace both came from the same person.

His thumb was rubbing at the back of my hand and providing me the tiniest relief I could expect.

“don’t worry honey, we wouldn’t do anything you aren’t comfortable with”
I sighed with relief that came audibly loud to fill the silent car.

He looked at me in surprise and then started laughing.

And ohh that sight of him.

   ✨✨✨