The Party Evening

ANA's POV:

The next day our college had a holiday so we had ample amount of time to get ready. The party would start at 6 in the evening and majority of people would leave the party by 9.30 or 10pm since they had to follow the dorm timing, others would wait till 12. Or so; this is what Lara had told me.

I had to get ready by 5:30 and Lara would come to pick me and we were going to drive there..

We reached the venue by 6.15pm..  It was a crowded hall kind of thing.. and all the final year students clicking lots of pics as probably a memory of college  life… and all the other students: drinking and dancing to music..

“lets go to have drinks” Kelvin said..
“I don’t want to.” I said..
“oh come on.” Lara said. “just one drink”
“u ladies sit here.. I’ll get you’ll something.” Kelvin said and left.

I was already feeling out of the place..  party, friends, meetings, hanging out was never my thing..

  Kelvin got us drinks. I don't know what it was and I didn’t care to ask…

Kelvin had a great contacts.. just within minutes of arriving he was already with a large group of boys roaming around, drinking and having fun. Lara was yet sitting next to me and occasionally smiling and waving to people she would identify from the class.

After some time we walked up to the drinks counter to take more of those.

After a few drinks Kelvin walks up to us and takes Lara with him to the dance floor..
“I’d come here back.. stay here don’t go.” Lara instructed on top of her voice so that I could hear her over the music.

I nodded my head and turned away to take more drinks..

And now the process started.. recollecting stuffs, overthinking, getting drunk and feeling sad..

Everything that happened was starting to surface; my parents,  those sounds, those noises, that feeling of being left.

I tried my best to repress it, but to no avail..
and to top it all.. I was upset about how Prof Eric was behaving with me..

“I was dumb to think even for a moment that he cared for me.” I told to myself. I know I was crying but I knew that nobody cared..
I drank and sobbed and drank and sobbed even more..

  “a pretty female crying is a crime.” I heard a voice say.. I looked in direction. I couldn’t see  clear face.. and I knew I was drunk.. “I am Ater” he said.

I couldn't hear well … he was saying something more but I couldn’t decipher.

“lets go to dance.” He said and started touching over my bare shoulder.. I was too dizzy to shout but I pushed his hands off..

“don’t” I said dizzily.

“come on... lets go somewhere else if you don’t like it here.”  He said and stood close to me touching my shoulder again..

“i…. go.. go from here..” I said pushing his hands away..

“move away mr.” I heard a voice.. It was Lara. “just go from here before you regret it.” Lara said sternly.
“get lost” she said again..

I guess I heard the guy swear under his breath but I was too drunk to care.

“you okay? ” Lara asked..

I nodded in approval.

“I need to use the washroom.. just be here alright.” She left. I checked my phone and it was 8:45 already..

ERIC’s POV

I was working on my computer trying to do everything that would keep me away from thinking about her.

I heard my phone ring.. It was Kelvin..
I checked the time. It was 9:30pm..
A very odd time for Kelvin to call me.
I picked up and what I heard blew my mind off.

__________________________________
What do you think must have happened??!!

I think I can relate to the overthinker Ana!!

__________________________________

Hey guys!! I hope you liked the chapter so far!! ❤

Finally promise fulfilled! ❤😘

Please follow, comment, vote and support

Next chap: Eric's regret!?