Are You Jealous?

ERIC’s POV:

We reached the hotel around 5 in the evening. It wasn't a lavish one given the destination and the population of people residing in the area. Nevertheless it was massive and decent enough, to provide shelter for the next couple of days that we reside here.

“Gather up for your roll calls an then divide yourself in groups of 3 to occupy each room.” I announced.
The students gathered not excluding the ruckus which was very much expected.

We took the roll calls and  Ms Jenna got the keys from the management team that'll be here with us on the trip.

“alright. We shall be giving 2 keys for each room, make sure one person from each groups come ahead and collect them and sign on these sheets.” She said raising the sheets in air for everyone to see.

“boys and girls will occupy different rooms, that goes without saying.” I announced as I saw Kelvin, Lara and Ana make a team.

They looked in my direction and frowned.

I shrugged in response, that was the rule, there is nothing I could do about it.

The kids started moving their luggage to their respective rooms. “which room shall you occupy?” Ana and Lara asked gripping their bags.

“We have separate room for each staff, on third floor, I’ll be in 306.”

“ohh, we are in 204.” Lara said and looked at Ana. She was staring at me with a weird expression on her face. I raised my eyebrows in question.

“and Ms. Jenna?” she asked.

“uh.. umm” I shuffled knowing the ans will disappoint her.

“305.”

She took a deep breath in through her nostrils.

“okay.” She said quietly looking away from me, at the floor.

Lara looked from her to me, with her mouth open and eyebrows raised in realisation.

“is it what it was?” she whispered to Ana.

“huh?”

“is this why you were upset the entire journey, you jealous little mouse.”

“uhh.. no.. umm.. its just.” Ana shuffled feeling uncomfortable.

  “go to your room girls.” Ms. Jenna entered the scene from behind the girls who turned to look at her. “We have to gather for meal in an hour and then we might plan an activity for the night maybe. Don’t waste your time chitchatting.” The girls nodded and left.

“let’s go Eric.” she held my hand again.

“why are you doing this Ms. Jenna?” I pointed out.

“ohh, sorry just… but why are you being so formal, you used to just call me Jenna, what’s with the title?”

“we are in a professional set up Ms. Jenna and all of this…” I said removing my hand from her grip, “… is just making me uncomfortable.”

“are you sure it’s you who is saying this?” she questioned.

“what do you mean?”

“nothing… lets go.” She said staring directly in my eyes and left. 

I have to be cautious around her. Ana was not mad at nothing. Ms. Jenna is definitely behaving weird.

ANA’s POV:

“… and that was all.” I narrated everything ,about the entire bus journey, to Lara. She was  sitting on the bed just nodding looking ahead at me while I was getting ready for the evening ahead.