First Date??

ERIC’s POV

Oh my girl.. I am so sorry I didn’t mean to make you cry.
Ana was in my cabin.. sitting right in front of me. She knew why I had called her; to talk abt Prof. Peter and about what he did in the morning..

       I knew Ana did not want to talk about it, but I can’t let her suffer alone, besides if she got no one to talk to about it or she doesn’t talk to anyone because of shame or guilt; the next time Prof. Peter does something to her.. she wouldn’t even report.. and I can’t let that happen..

Also I wanted to show her.. that trusting me about her matters; won’t be anything that she will ever regret.. I wanted to show her that she can confide in me; that I’ll be there for her.

“Ana, plz don’t cry.. I cannot see u cry like this..” my voice broke.. it sounded more sad than I expected it to be..  I guess Ana sensed it.. as she suddenly looked up; searching for tears in my eyes.. I managed to keep them at bay.. 

She wiped her tears with her sleeves.. “here have a glass of water” I passed the glass kept at my table…she drank some..
“I did not like it sir.” She finally said.. “why did he do that to me?” “he’s a fucked up man Ana.” I told her.. I didn’t bother abt my language. “you are not the first person he has ever done this to.. he is known to harass many female students”
Her eyes rose in shock “Are you serious?” “much than I wish to be.”  “then why did nobody ever complain of it?” She asked..

“Because there were people who were willing to bear his nonsense, for...grades..
while some others actually did not; but they were afraid of false rumors abt it.
Well the teachers tried to complain on our behalf, but again what could we do if no student came up with a complain on their part. ” I explained her everything..

She was quiet. She was quiet for a while now. “that is why I am scared when you sit for Prof. Peter lect..” she looked at me.. I contd.    “I don’t want you to go through all of this.. but I know Peter will have his eye on u.. you’re the prettiest that bastard must have ever seen…  But I promise to keep you safe.”  I didn’t know why I was blabbering all of that.. can my heart just pump blood and let my mind take control of my tongue now.. 

“Why?” she asked.  I was snapped out of my thoughts.. “huh?” “why would you protect me.?”

Because I am falling for u baby and I cannot let any other man have my girl now..

“Because I want to.” I said and smiled.. I could see trace of smile on her lips as well..  She sat in my cabin for some more time.. telling me all the rubbish that bastard spoke to her.. ‘missed me last night’ and all that crap..

How much I wished that minute that we should be legally allowed to commit atleast one murder..

I would have killed that person..

huh anyway..

"Do u want to complain about it Ana? " I asked her.  She nodded her head in no. "I don't want to extend this any further." She said..
I knew I could not force.. Not atleast now.
__________________________________

I glanced at my watch.. and it read 5:03pm… it was already past the college time.. and we had been talking for more than an hour now.. “hungry?” I asked her… “umm very.” she said..

“did you have your lunch?” I asked. “No.. I was not in mood to eat anything then.. I was really disturbed..” I nodded.

“lets go to eat....if you don’t mind..” I said..

  yes it can be counted as asking her on a date..

  I was nervous for her ans. “Sure” she said.. and the minute I heard it  my inner self started doing somersaults..