Eric's realisation

ERIC’s POV

I was waiting for her to come.. it was just 5 mins that I actually parked my car there to wait, but it felt like 5 years tbh.
Just as I was waiting looking around.. I saw her.

She was looking so pretty in that short blue dress of hers.. 
She saw the car but yet was looking around. “Doesn’t this girl know what a black car looks like.” I said to myself.. I honked trying to seek her attention.  She looked my way and I lowered the glasses ..

She came towards the car and sat beside me;
and till the time I was figuring out right words a teacher should  say to a student while out with her on a date.. she asked me if the car was mine..  an innocent question.. to which I sarcastically commented that I had rented it.. She laughed a little awkward..

“So where to?” I asked. “Anywhere you like sir.” She said timidly.. I turned towards her and looked in the deep eyes of hers..

“You can call me Eric every time we are out together.” “Does that mean you have plans for us together in the future too?” I did not realize what I had actually said until she raised this question.. 

“no… umm.. I mean..” I started to fumble.. “what would you like to have?” I asked trying to divert the flow of conversation.. “umm Italian?” she said.. sounding nervous.. “u like it?” I asked she nodded in approval. “ok then.. Italian it is.” I announced even though I was not a big fan of Italian food..
I can do that much for my girl right.

We headed towards a restaurant which was 20 mins away.. I was showing her around some places and telling her names of the road.. because I wanted to talk to her but really could not find any other topic other than this.
Yea ik it kind of sucks… but I cant help..  atleast I am trying..

we reached the restaurant.. and we sat there at table in the corner… the restaurant was pretty much empty.. giving us a great privacy..  We ordered for ourselves..

“so Ana.. talk about yourself.. what do u like, apart from academics ofcourse?” “umm idk music I guess..” my heart skipped a beat after hearing her interest.. bcoz yeah music was my passion too.. “great..” I said sounding more excited than necessary.

I decided to keep the excitement to myself. “but I like listening to music more than I like to play it.." she said..
oh darling I can sing and play for u anytime if that makes you happy.

We were done with the meal and I called for the bill… she started fidgeting with her bag..  The bill arrived and she removed her card too and just as she was about to give that card I held her hand..

They were so soft..  however they became tensed under my grip..  “I’ll pay it for us.” I said.. “Let’s split the bill sir..” “It’s Eric for you here and no darling I’ll have it for us…” I again didn’t realize my words until she raised her eyebrows.. “umm sorry, Ana” I said.. I was not sorry at all :)

ANA’s POV

My heart started beating faster at his words.. ‘darling and all huh?’ and his hands over mine. 
where is this thing going??

as if you don’t know Ana.. stop playing so dumb..  my innerself hurts me bad at times through its honesty..

  He had paid the bill for us..  and it was time for us to get going back. Idk why I felt sad.. I didn’t want to leave so early.

“so are we going back?” I asked..

“not if u don’t want to..” he said..

“umm are you busy?” I asked again..