I spoilt her trip

ANA’s POV:

It was good to have finally made up about our misunderstandings. We had been talking for more than an hour. It was the first time I felt heard. And I think that was best part about being with him, I was able to be myself and talk freely.
He would hear.

“I cannot lose you.” I told him, I don't know why. But I did.

“I know its still early to tell this but…” I said as I came to a halt in my balcony, where I was strolling for past one hour, talking to him.

“but what?” he asked, his deep voice giving me the courage to speak ahead.

“I know its still early, we have been together for hardly 2 months and we still ought to maintain a boundary but.. I think I am in LOVE with you sir.” My heart started racing as I spoke those words.

I heard a sharp intake of breath on the other end of the phone. I was scared, nervous of his answer.

“uh, Ana..-” he was about to say something when he was disturbed by a noise from his side.

“what is it?” I asked.

“I guess it’s someone on the door.”

“at this hour?”
he said nothing, probably he got up to check who is it. 

“who is it ?” I couldn't contain myself from asking it again. I was getting impatient for some reason.

No reply.

“Eric.” I heard a female call his name and I know who it was.

“I shall call you later.” Eric told me.

For real!

“no.. I want to know what she has got to do.”

“are you busy?” I hear her talk to him again.

“say yes and ask her to leave Eric.” I told him.

“what is it?” Eric asked her.

“umm… I cannot sleep there. There is some problem with the AC in the room.”

“talk to the management about it Jen.”

Did he just call her by her nickname, even while he knew I was listening. Atleast pretend dude.

“I did, they said they can get it repaired till the morning, and there is no other room available.”  Jen made another excuse sounding so convincing over call.

  “what the hell.” I said over call for Eric to hear

“I’ll call you back later.” Eric said again, his voice very low.

“don’t you dare cut the call.” I don't know where did I get that brave front from especially when I was on the verge of breaking down again.

  “whom are you talking to ‘Ric?’”

Is this how she addresses him in private.

“just… um.. a friend” he answered.

  I scoffed over call.

A friend.

Is this how he thinks of me. This was painful, more now since I did tell him and accepted myself that I was in love with him. Am I really just a ‘friend’?

He ignored my remarks over call and turned back to his Jen.

“alright you can take this room. Make yourself comfortable.”