Awkward

ERIC's POV

Our ride was in complete awkward silence.
“you were supposed to take that left turn sir.” Ana panicked.
“I know.” I said..
“you don’t have to get scared Ana.. you’ll be safe with me, I promise.” I said. She sat back.

“Where are we going? It’s already 9:20. I am supposed to reach the dorm before 10.” She said.

“How about an ice-cream.” I asked. “we’ll make it quick.” I said. I didn’t want her to go so early besides I wanted to know what she had in her head after this incident.
She nodded in approval. We went to an ice-cream palour.. “which flavor?” I asked.

“chocolate.” I got a chocolate cup for her and mint chocolate for myself.. 

“umm.. Are you ok?” I asked yet figuring out a way to start the conversation.

“yeah” she answered looking anywhere but at me.

“I mean, 'We' are ok right?” I asked again.
She just nodded.. yet avoiding to look at me directly.

“Will you meet me tomorrow at 8?” I asked. She looked at me with a big question mark on her face.

“building A visit, remember.” She nodded in realization.

“so??” I asked again.

“umm idk.. I guess I am too tired to get up early tomorrow.. we may see around some other day.. or I might ask Lara to help me with it.” She said..  what a polite declination..

I became sad at the response but I knew I cannot force her.. We ate in pure silence and left the parlor.

Our drive way back was more awkward and silent.. I mentally noted the fact that next time I take her out, I’d rather get a list of topics, to talk about, ready. We reached the cake shop from where I had picked her up earlier this evening..

“It's dark here, do u want me to drop you off till the dorm's gate?” I asked.
“no sir. thank you.. I know it might sound rude but I don’t want people to assume that there is something between us when there is nothing… and when there can be nothing. I don’t want fake rumors to affect my life atleast.” She said and she was ready to leave.

“atleast text me once you reach your room. With this I’ll know you are safe.”  I said.

“I am not your responsibility sir” “maybe not henceforth.. but today, you are..
and I take my responsibilities very seriously. Text me once you reach.”  I demanded.

“okay sir” she said.

In about 5 mins I received her text.

In the room safe and sound.. Good work with you responsibility.. sleep peacefully.
Good night.

As much as disliked the text.. I smiled at her smart mouth… this girl is sure a unique thing..  I texted her back..

Thank you so much for helping me fulfil my duties.
Loved the evening with you.. thanks Ana.. see you tomorrow..
good night.

ANA’s POV

I wanted to frown on the message.. on contrary I just blushed. What the heck was wrong with me

I woke up early the next morning however I did not go the college to visit building A.. I just needed some time to process what had happened last evening.. a part of knew that prof. Eric must be waiting for me there.. but I was determined to not go.

I got ready to go the canteen and have my breakfast since I had an eng class at 10. And I was really famished.

I wore a grey top and a black jeans and tied a lose ponytail. I didn’t do much of a makeup as always.. I just kept it simple..

I went to the canteen and ordered for a large sandwich and a cup of coffee. There was not much of crowd in the canteen which is why most of the tables were free for me to sit..  I was busy eating and looking for something in my phone when I felt something was really off.  I looked up straight and I saw  a bunch of girls gathered at the enterance of the canteen.

I managed to look at whatever source it was that was creating such a ruckus and I saw Prof Eric standing.. 

He was the one surrounded with a group of girls.. he has a book in his hand and probably he was explaining something to the girls..

‘but why explain it now.. you have lect hours.. besides whats the point in explaining things in the canteen.. huh now nobody can eat in peace too ’ I told myself..

I know I was being ridiculous…  I continued to look at him and out of nowhere he looked back at me. He knew I was there, he knew where I was sitting… 

He motioned “I am coming, be there” look with his eyes and a subtle gesture with his hands.

I was ready to get up from my place.. interacting with him despite what happened last evening would be the last thing I wanted.

The girls surrounding him scattered and went back to wherever…
  He started walking in my direction.. I stood up..
I understand he wants to talk.. but college campus is not a place.. what was wrong with him..

“Two regular coffee please.” He shouted to the attendant on the counter while still standing at my place. “I am not having coffee here with you.” I whispered to him..
“well I want to talk..” he said and sat down.. He motioned me to sit.. I looked around… there were students.. but nobody bothered to look in our direction..

“they are not from the biology department..  and they are not my students.. they might not know me… u can sit down.”

“yes ok.. but your students can come here any minute.. we can't be caught sitting together like this..” I said angrily forgetting the fact that I am talking to my prof.

“I don’t care.. I want to talk.. you should have been here in the morning.” He said…
ohh God.. so its all about that..

“I am ready to talk.. but not here.. probably later..  please.” I said..
“you promise.?”
“yes”
“okay meet me in my cabin after the day” he said and left to take our coffee.. He placed mine on my table and left the canteen with his. This man really intimidates me at times.

ERIC’s POV

I was happy that atleast she agreed to talk to me.. like I know my way of convincing her was not fair.. I took an opportunity in her fear of getting caught..  but I am not sorry about that..

I have what I like.. and I love her.. so there's no chance of leaving any opportunity.

I couldn’t concentrate on any lect that I took.. all I was thinking about yesterday and probably what will happen when we’ll meet today..
probably she will tell me that she did not like whatever happened yesterday and now she wants me to keep distance from her. I feared at the thought…

__________________________________

What do u think will Ana do now??
What should she do instead?

Eric's definitely a stubborn guy but.. Do you think he'll convince Ana!!?
__________________________________

I hope you like the story so far...

Please follow, comment, vote and support. ❤❤
__________________________________