She is all set to leave.

ERIC’s POV:

After giving the students the basic instructions that I give every time, we left for the trek.

I was annoyed the entire time with Ms. Jenna maintaining close contact with me. I did not want Ana to see this and upset herself even more.

I was thankful that Prof. Peter did not come for the trek. I don’t know what exactly made him cancel the plan but I was happy to have one less of a headache.

Atleast I don’t have to worry about him irritating my Ana.

Although I really did not see her around, but to be honest I was not even getting the chance to be with Ana, Kelvin and Lara like I wanted to.

They must be around somewhere together.

It would have been nice if Ms. Luna could have come, like we had initially planned.

✨✨✨

“can we sit here for sometime Eric?” Jenna said as she held my hand, making me sit on the rock.

We had been climbing for a while now, and I definitely was tired. But I did not realize the when did I come this up.

There were some students who already passed us and were way ahead, while some were coming to where we were.
I didn’t know where Ana was.

Did she already go past here or was she coming up?

Jenna passed me a bottle of water from her bag. I was taking care of my dry throat when I saw Kelvin and Lara come up together.

Where is Ana?

Kelvin failed to notice me, but Lara did see me.

She looked at me and then at Jenna, who was looking for something in her bag. Lara decided to look straight and go on her journey. She did not even tell Kelvin I was here.

I was sure Ana told everything to her, she had also told them about how romantic I was, when she was at Kelvin’s place.
But where was she now?

“Kelvin” I called him out. He looked in the direction of the sound, taking a while to locate me. His eyes were narrowed due to the sunlight, falling on his face.

Jenna looked at me and then looked to at Kelvin and Lara who were coming in our direction, Lara walking lazily as if she was forced to come here.

I know Ana’s bestfriend was mad at me. And it was surprisingly intimidating.

I walked a little ahead so as to move away from Jenna. I didn’t want her to eavesdrop.

“where is Ana?” the only thing I've ever asked to Kelvin in last few months.

“why do you care?” Lara  answered sharply.

“Lara?” Kelvin looked in her direction and she rolled her eyes.

  “you don’t know?” Kelvin asked confused.

“know what?” I asked, unaware of what’s going on.

“how will he know, he is too busy compensating for the time he missed with the love of his life” Lara said again looking behind me where Jenna was standing, oblivious to what’s going on.

  “what is wrong with you Lara, you have been behaving weird since morning?” Kelvin snapped back at Lara.

“WHERE IS ANA, Kelvin?” I turned Kelvin’s attention back to me, ignoring everything that Lara was saying.

“she did not come to the trek, she is not well.”  Kelvin explained.

“who gave her the permission?” I asked confused.

We were halfway through the trek when I learn that my girl is not even there with us. I must have been crazy, how could I fail to notice it. But I guess this was the reason why Ana disliked me, I did not pay heed to her because of Ms. Jenna. I was so guilty, so ashamed of myself.

“Prof Peter.”  Kelvin said.

“Huh!” I lost the flow of conversation.

“prof Peter gave her the permission to stay back.” Kelvin said again.

And suddenly everything made sense.

Why did Prof. Peter cancel his plan the last minute, why he decided to stay back in the hotel. I was terrified.

“is everything alright Ric.?” Jenna spoke aloud from behind and Lara rolled her eyes at her looking back at me, with a dreadful gaze.

“I am going to make this alright.” I told Lara. Kelvin looked back and forth between us.

I was sure he was unaware of everything that has happened. I turned back to Jenna.

“there is an emergency Jenna, I need to rush down, please take care of the students.”

“but-” before Jenna could say anything I turned back to go downhill.

I know it would take me long before I reach there. I was internally just praying nothing bad happened to her.

“sir” Lara called me .  I turned back to her. Kelvin was in conversation with Jenna

I hope he handles it well.

“she knew Prof peter is staying back, yet she decided to stay in hotel. You know why, because she could bear him troubling her, but she couldn’t bear the sight of you and Ms. Jenna together.” Lara's words made me feel terrible.

“but Lara there is nothing between us.”

“I hope so, I might even trust you, but Ana, we might not know exactly but we know that she has suffered betrayal from someone very close to her. You matter to her, sir.

And if she does, to you, please don’t let her go. She is all set to leave.” Lara said, her last statement stabbing my core.

I ran down with worry, tension, guilt, pain, fear, anger everything surfacing.
I wanted to hold her once again, know that she is safe, that is she is fine, that ‘we’ are fine.

I reached down by 4.30 in the evening. There was still some more distance to cover before finally reaching the hotel. I was panting heavily.

My throat dried. I wanted to sit for sometime but I cannot be late.

I don’t know what can happen if I am just a minute late.

I reached the hotel around 5 in the evening and went straight to her floor, outside her room 204.

She wasn’t there.

Fear took over me like an evil spirit.  

I rushed to the third floor looking for Peter.

I hope that bastard was in his limits.

I saw her, standing out of his room.

‘was she going in or coming out?,
I don't know.'

__________________________________

Hey!!

I hope everyone is well...
I hope you like this chapter..

I know I have been very slow, since last couple of times..

I'll try my best to be on time..

Take care,
I love you❤