Chapter 33 - Feigning Generosity

"Shang gongzi, you're here. Come on in!"
Gongzi -> Gentleman, usually used to address for young males.

Before the two men and one beast step into the tavern, a smiling middle-aged man welcomes them with a smile.

The manager of Hongtian Pavilion, Wu Chou!
"Give us a quiet location. Cao Xiong laoshi and I want to have a good drink together!" Shang Bin says.

"Over here!"

Wu Chou quickly brings them to their seats.
"Shang shaoye, every time I am here, this Wu Chou would behave smugly and disregard my presence. This time, why does he..." Cao Xiong couldn't resist asking.

Hongtian Pavilion may just be a tavern, but the powers backing it is not one to scoff at. Otherwise, it is impossible for them to be operating their business in the compounds of Hongtian Academy at such a scale!

In the past, when he was here to eat, manager Wu would always disregard him. Yet, this time, his back is bent forward and her attitude is of utmost respect. The disparity in his attitudes makes him doubt if he is in reality.

"You should have heard of that there was once an Elder Hong Hao in the academy!" Shang Bin says.

Cao Xiong nods his head.

Hongtian Academy is founded by Hongtian. After his death, his descendants sustained his heritage. As a result, the elders who have the surname of 'Hong' tend to be of more esteemed standing in the academy.

He has heard of this Elder Hong Hao previously. He is an extremely powerful individual and has once vied for the principal seat. However, afterward, for some unknown reasons, he suddenly resigned from his position as an elder and there was no news on him anymore.

"After resigning as an elder, he started a tavern. He used to be best buddies with my grandfather, so manager Wu would welcome me with respect whenever I'm here!" Shang Bin declares gleefully.

"So that's the reason!" Cao Xiong nods his head.

No wonder this Hongtian Pavilion managed to grow to such a scale, it was opened by the previous Elder Hong Hao.

To be received by the manager of such a huge tavern, it is definitely something glorious.

"Un?"

Just as he is in the midst of enjoying service he has never experienced before, Cao Xiong suddenly freezes and his face gradually grows darker.

"What happened?"Shang Bin gazes at him in puzzlement.

"That should be Zhang Xuan, right? How could he possibly have the qualifications to be dining here?" Cao Xiong points towards a table by the window.

"Zhang Xuan?" Shang Bin glances over as well. Upon seeing the young man, he catches sight of the figure seated together with him. His eyebrows shoot upwards and rage surges from within. "Why is she together with that trash? I had extended my invitation to her multiple times, but she kept rejecting me. To think that she would be dining with someone else! Damn it! Damn it!"

As the grandson of an elder, a high-level teacher of the academy and a Fighter 5-dan Dingli realm expert, he has invited Shen Bi Ru for a meal multiple times, but she never agreed. Initially, he thought that she would never eat together with anyone. Never would he imagine that she would be sitting together with the renowned trash of the academy!

He almost faints from anger on the spot.
Slamming his table, he stands up, prepared to rush over to question her. However, he suddenly recalls Shen Bi Ru's temperament and immediately shrivels back to his seat.
She holds intense loathe to those who disturb her. If he were to rush over to interrogate her like this, if she ends up getting provoked by his attitude and rages out at him, there would be no hope for his courtship.