Chapter 9 - Bet

There are many rumors regarding that useless teacher. Before even coming to the academy, they have heard so much about him that callouses were growing on their ears.

They say that he is skilled in nothing and that he had been misguiding disciples!

They say that he doesn't know how to cultivate and he doesn't know martial arts at all...

All in all, all kinds of slander there is!

As long as one is a student, it is best to stay as far away as possible from him. Do not mess with this fellow, otherwise going berserk is just a small matter at hand. At worse, they may even die in his hands!

When both brothers came to the academy to seek a teacher, they have also heard of such rumors. All along, they have been proceeding carefully but never in their dreams would they imagine that this unworldly and incredible expert is that legendary trash!

"Teacher, if you are so incredible, why would..."

Zheng Yang couldn't resist asking.

Although it has just been a short period of time since they knew each other, he could tell that the teacher before him had immeasurable capabilities. Every single movement of his has an elegant disposition. How could he be a trash?

"There are many people in the world who are envious of the talented. This kind of things means nothing at all!"

Zhang Xuan tilts his eyes upwards 45 degrees as sadness and regret reflect in his eyes, as though lamenting the incomprehension of the world.

The emotions on his face are in place, but in his heart, he is scolding vulgarities.

If it wasn't for the Library of Heaven's Path, given how the previous owner of the body was, it was already very incredible of him to not get a negative score. Zero marks... is already a high score, alright!

"I am willing to cleanse teacher of his sullied reputation!"

Seeing his teacher's 'depression' and 'incomprehension of the world', Zheng Yang's heart is moved and he couldn't help but declare so.

"It's okay, teacher's reputation doesn't matter. As long as you train hard, I would be satisfied. Take the identity token to claim your bedding. Come to class punctually tomorrow, make sure to not be late!"

After Zhang Xuan's show of acting cool, he seems to have fully captured the worship of the student. Zheng Yang nods his head.

"Yes!"

Zheng Yang pulls Mo Xiao, who is standing beside him, and the both of them walks out.

"Four students!"

Seeing the two of them leave, excitement flashes across Zhang Xuan's eyes.

The dazed young lady Wang Ying, the student who he won from a bet Liu Yang, the arrogant young mistress Zhao Ya and the spear genius Zheng Yang.

Initially, he thought that today would be just like how it was before, he would be unable to recruit a single student and the day would end in a failure. He didn't expect that he would manage to recruit four of them!

"Without identity token, even if students were to come, I would be unable to admit new students. I better make use of this free time to get a few more tokens!"

After getting emotional over recruiting four students does Zhang Xuan realize that he doesn't have any more tokens on him.

This item is given out by the academy. Due to his terrible reputation, the teacher in charge of distributing the tokens only gave him four. He even thought that Zhang Xuan would be unable to use all of it. If he doesn't claim more of it, even if new students were to come, they would be unable to acknowledge him!