Chapter 31 - Heart of Tranquil Water

Heart of Tranquil Water

Grabbing hold of the book from Shen Bi Ru, Elder Mo takes a glance at it and his entire body trembles.

This… should be impossible!

“Alright, is there still anything you are unsure of that you would like to consult? If not, I’ll be leaving!” Zhang Xuan looks at them with puzzlement reflecting on his face.

Are these two fellows sick?!

If they wanted to consult him, they should have come up with some harder questions. Yet, they chose to ask those that have been answered within the books. He didn’t even have to churn his brain to derive out an answer for them. How boring.

To think that one of them is a librarian and an expert while the other one is a reputable and popular teacher… Pui! To be unable to match up to a transcender like me, they are truly lacking in knowledge!

“If you don’t mind, I have another question that has been plaguing me. How would you interpret ‘Circulating a cycle of qi, reflecting the sight of ten thousand creations’?”

Suppressing the disbelief in his mind, Elder Mo continues to ask.

Another elder has raised this question with him a few days ago. After being stumped by it, he has been scavenging the Compendium Pavilion to seek an answer to it, but to no avail. Thus, he could only depart from the library dispirited. Now that the young lad before him had answered several questions, he couldn’t resist bringing it up to him.

“You don’t even know that?” Zhang Xuan looks at him as though he is looking at an idiot. “That is the utmost basics of cultivation, alright? It refers to the phenomenon where while one’s qi is circulating through one’s body in a complete cycle, one’s mind would seem to be in a state of wandering around the entire world as they comprehend the rules behind creationism! These words are recorded in senior Bai Ming’s 《Theories of Blood and Qi》. The book is on the 27th shelf and the explanation is on the 69th page!”

‘Circulating a cycle of qi, reflecting the sight of ten thousand creations’, this is one of the few flawless teachings that are in the Fighter 1-dan cultivation technique manuals, thus it left quite an impression with Zhang Xuan. It happens that a predecessor of Hongtian Academy had once deciphered it, so he paid additional notice to it. Why would an elder, who is the sentinel of the Compendium Library, need to direct such an easy question towards him?

Elder Mo didn’t reply to his words immediately and instead, just like Shen Bi Ru, walks into the Compendium Pavilion hurriedly. A short moment later, he finds the book titled 《Theories of Blood and Qi》 and flips it over to the 69th page. His body staggers.

It is exactly as he described!

A few days ago, that elder flipped through many different secret manuals but couldn’t find an answer to his question. Never in his dreams would he have imagined that it would be recorded in an obscure book!

Such an obscure book… To think that he would have read it, to the extent of even remembering… the pages?

Elder Mo feels the world spinning around him and everything seems so ludicrous to him in this instant.

If it isn’t for his consideration for his image, he might be tugging on the ends of his hair at this moment.

A moment ago, he accused the other party of causing trouble in the library. In the end, not only is he reading books properly, he even memorized the contents contained within it. He feels a fiery sting on his face and fervently wishes for a burrow to appear so that he could hide in it.