Chapter 5 - Young Mistress

"Have you heard? Cao Xiong laoshi had just competed with the academy's number one teacher from the bottom, Teacher Zhang Xuan!"

"They competed? Then, won't Zhang Xuan laoshi lose for sure?"

"Unexpectedly, that wasn't so. Zhang Xuan laoshi won! He casually guided a student and made his strength increase by one fold!"

"Increase by one fold? In his first guidance? Even Lu Xun laoshi wouldn't be capable of doing that! Are you for real?"

"A lot of people witnessed it for themselves, so how could it not be real?"

......

Those who witnessed the competition in the canteen are discussing over it excitedly.

"For the student's strength to increase by one fold in the first guidance?" Zhao Ya scoffs. "It is definitely just luck!"

Baiyu City is the third biggest city in the Tianxuan Kingdom and Zhao Ya is the daughter of its City Lord. From young, she has been put through top class education and her motive for coming to Hongtian Academy is to be accepted as Lu Xun's student.

However, she didn't expect to hear that Lu Xun would be inferior to Zhang Xuan before she even found him. Naturally, she doesn't believe such rumors.

"Luck? I don't think that it is luck. After all, it is an increase by an entire fold! Just luck itself won't explain it!" A student sitting not too far away from her couldn't help but respond to her words.

"You think that it isn't luck? Don't think that I do not recognize that Zhang Xuan laoshi. He is the one who scored a zero in the Teacher Qualification Examination and almost got fired! What capabilities do you think a guy like that would possess? If you do not believe my words, I can unmask his facade right here and now!"

Zhao Ya has had an impatient personality since young. Upon hearing someone praise the worst teacher in the academy, she immediately bellows.

"Fine! We also want to know whether the teacher is just all talk!"

Instantly, two students stand up.

The three of them walked out of the canteen and after asking around, they found Zhang Xuan's classroom. Pushing open the door, they walked in.

"You are Zhang Xuan laoshi?"

Walking into the classroom, they see the young man sitting on the teacher's seat smiling foolishly to himself. No matter how they look like it, he doesn't seem like an impressive teacher. In fact, they started to feel uncomfortable.

"That's me!"

After noticing the entry of a few students, Zhang Xuan stopped analyzing the Library of Heaven's Path and turns over to look at them.

"We've heard that you have won in a competition against Cao Xiong laoshi and the student you guided had an increase in strength by one fold." Zhao Ya states with clear disbelief in her tone. "Good. Then I would like you to guide me as well, to see whether you can increase my strength by one fold as well!"

"I'm not free!"

Zhang Xuan waves them away.

Teachers also have their own pride as educators. They aren't performers who would perform to the will of the audience. How could they just guide others just because they want them to?

Besides that, what's with your attitude? It's not like I owe you something.

"Not free? Aren't you very idle right now?" Zhao Ya could tell that the other party is just trying to shake her off. She grinds her teeth in anger.