Chapter 29 - You Must Be Sick!

"Un?"

Shen Bi Ru, who is the Compendium Pavilion as well, hears the continuous sounds of footsteps and flipping of books. Initially, she didn't think much into but as time passed, she started to feel that something is amiss with the situation.

One would need to read a book slowly to comprehend its contents. How can it be possible for anyone to flip through it so quickly?

Bewildered, she couldn't resist walking over to take a look.

After which, she sees Zhang Xuan flipping the books from the first shelf. It is very apparent to see that he isn't reading through the contents of the books, but more like looking for something!

"Is this the reason why Elder Mo denied him entry?"

After watching for a moment, she realizes that the other party doesn't have the intention to stop. Gedeng, Shen Bi Ru's heart beats.

Previously, the reason why she couldn't resist speaking out to help him upon seeing the difference between the current him and his previous self is because she wants him to work hard so as to be freed from his current awkward position.

However, she would have never imagined that this fellow isn't here to study but to look for something!

This is the Compendium Pavilion. Every day, there are innumerable teachers who come in, so it is impossible for there to be anything valuable hidden here. Flipping through these books so casually is almost a blasphemy to this Compendium Pavilion.

How repulsive!

"Perhaps... He knew that I would be coming to the Compendium Pavilion today, so he intentionally waited outside then came in to make such a ruckus to capture my attention... Hmph, this would only provoke my ire!"

The image of the young man in Shen Bi Ru's heart falls to the pits.

Due to her beauty, many people have tried many ways to get on her good side, as well as to attract her attention. In her opinion, Zhang Xuan isn't even trying to look through the books. Rather, he is intentionally making those noises to change her opinion of him.

In reality, she hates it when people make up this kind of show.

After looking at her a moment longer, she ascertains her opinion.

If he is truly here to browse through the books, how could he possibly be reading books of all genres? Furthermore, to be flipping through them at such rapid speed, he is probably unable to even ascertain the name of the manual, needless to say, its contents.

"Hmph!"

With a darkened expression on her beautiful face, she walks over to Zhang Xuan, "Zhang laoshi, what are you doing?"

"Reading books!"

Zhang Xuan doesn't realize that his actions have already been labeled as 'putting up a show' and replies casually without raising his head.

"Reading books? Hmph!" Shen Bi Ru harrumphs coldly. Coldness emanates from her jade-like face as she says, "If you think that your actions are cool and would attract my attention, please retract those immature thoughts of yours. I, Shen Bi Ru, do not fall for such petty tricks. Furthermore, your actions will only incur my irritation!"

"Oh! Alright!"

Zhang Xuan continues flipping through his books.

He intends to imprint all of the manuals in the Compendium Pavilion onto the Library of Heaven's Path by today and time is a little tight for him, so he doesn't have the effort to spare to be chatting with others.