Chapter 2 - Shameless

After looking around for awhile longer, Zhang Xuan realizes that all of the books in the library are just like the moon reflected in the water, it is impossible to retrieve them from the shelves. Thus, he loses interest and his consciousness retreats from his mind.

"Time to eat lunch. After lunch, I will think of a way to coax another two more."

Looking out the window, it seems to be around noon. Out of the 18 students who came by in the morning, he only managed to get one of them to join him. His acceptance rate is really quite low. He can't continue at this pace in the afternoon. No matter what, he is a transcender. If he is unable to dupe those from the ancient era, how could he proudly say that he came from a world in the age of information?

Stretching his back, he walks out of the lecture hall towards the canteen.

Just like the high schools from his previous life, the Hongtian Academy's canteen is rather large. Its size is sufficient to allow more than ten thousand students eat in it concurrently. After successfully recruiting a student, his mood lifted. Thus, he orders a few more side dishes and sits by the corner to enjoy his meal.

"Isn't that Teacher Zhang?"

While he is eating happily, a voice sounds out. Lifting his head, he sees a young man gazing at him with a smiling face. His face didn't have a hint of warmth and instead, he emits the feeling of a fake smile.

"Teacher Cao?" Zhang Xuan recognizes him.

Teacher Cao's full name is Cao Xiong. He joined the academy along with him. He likes to compare achievements with others and make use of it as a tool to inflate his ego.

The previous owner of the body couldn't take insults, that's why he drunk to his death. This fellow definitely played a big role in exerting such pressure on him.

"Today, the freshmen are reporting at the academy to choose their teachers. How is your recruitment going? Judging by how you still have the mood to be eating here, it should be not bad! Look, these are the students that I have recruited, a total of 12 of them. I am here to bring them for a meal before stationing them at their living quarters!"

Teacher Cao has a look of superiority on his face. He points to the back as he brags openly.

No doubts about it, he is here to brag.

There isn't any grudge between Zhang Xuan and him. However, since they came into the academy at the same time, it is hard to avoid comparisons between the two of them. Thus, he often made use of him to make himself feel superior.

A bunch of youths follows behind him. Every of them has a lively expression on their face as they are curious about the new things here.

"Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you all. This is Teacher Zhang, a celebrity in our academy. He is the very first teacher to score a zero in the Teacher Qualification Examination since the inception of our academy! He created history!"

Teacher Cao introduces to the crowd.

"Zero marks in the Teacher Qualification Examination?"

"Ah, I have heard of it when I was on the way here. A student he taught went into a frenzy and was almost crippled!"

"I have heard of it as well. Quite a few people have told me before I came to not choose him as my teacher. Otherwise, not only will I not be able to cultivate, it is also equal to suicide!"

"I didn't expect that he would be the one. To think that he has such a kind face!"

...