Chapter 16 - Cleansing Muscles and Bones

“Let me give it a try!”

After obtaining a cultivation technique without any flaws, Zhang Xuan doesn’t hesitate to follow the method recorded in the Heaven’s Path Divine Art and starts to meditate.

The pores on his body widens as he absorbs spirit energy from the air into his body.

Fighter 4-dan.

1-dan Juxi, 2-dan Dantian, 3-dan Zhenqi, 4-dan Pigu.

Juxi realm, cultivators would learn innate breathing and sensing of spirit in the air. Also, they would gain the ability to look into their body and control the flow of spirit energy in their body with their mind.

Dantian realm, the opening up of a cultivator’s dantian to allow it to hold spirit energy as well as to reform his body, turning a normal human into a true Fighter.

Zhenqi realm, the gathering of the spirit energy in the dantian to create zhenqi.

Pigu realm, the zhenqi-filled Dantian will overflow and enrich one’s body, causing the cultivator’s physical body to become powerful. The capabilities of their organs will also be strengthened, thus turning them into true experts.

The first three dans of a Fighter are the building of foundations. Only at the 4-dan does one the result of one’s cultivation truly reflects on one’s body, causing one to stray away from illnesses and become stronger.

The cultivation method of Hongtian Nine Dan Manual is to make use of the zhenqi overflowing from the dantian to nourish one’s body, thus reforming and tempering one’s bones, muscles, tendons and skin.

However, the Heaven’s Path Divine Art is different. It uses the spirit energy from the surrounding to nourish one’s body while having the zhenqi in one’s body overflow to the other parts of the body at the same time.

Gugugugu!

The stream of spirit energy flows through his veins towards his entire body. The zhenqi would mend and fill up the incomplete parts as it flows through his veins.

Gezhi! Gezhi!

It didn’t take long for the infusion of both spirit energy and zhenqi to strengthen his bones and muscles. It feels as though it has been tempered with concentrated fire as it turns clear, emitting a warm glow.

Boom!

After the zhenqi circulates around his body for an unknown number of times, his body suddenly jolts and he feels as though he has broken through a certain bottleneck. A surge of relaxation gushes through his body.

Previously, his body feels as though it has been bound by some shackles but now, his entire body feels light and he has perfect control over every single motion of his. It feels as though he has been broken through his cocoon to be reborn as a butterfly.

“Fighter 4-dan Pigu realm… I have finished cultivating in this realm?”

Opening his eyes, Zhang Xuan is still in a state of disbelief.

The sign of breaking through the Pigu realm is the destruction of the shackles of one’s body, allowing one to ascend into greater heights. How long has he been training? Two hours? Four hours?

“Pungent!”

Curious, he looks at his body and realizes that there is a layer of filth on the surface of his skin.

Pigu realm is the nourishment of one’s body using zhenqi, expelling the impurities within one’s body and cleansing one’s muscles and bones, thus reforming their body.