Chapter 30 - Shen Bi Ru's Shock

“Reading seriously?” A wind tugs on Elder Mo’s beard and his face looks so red that it might explode at any moment. “Not jotting down notes to decipher its content and simply flipping the books randomly. Tell me, who reads the way you do?”

“Must reading involve jotting down notes to decipher its contents?” Only now does Zhang Xuan understand why the other party is so mad. He is at a loss to respond.

In his previous life, he was a librarian and his job scope was similar to that of Elder Mo’s. However, back then, as long as one holds a borrowing pass, he would be able to enter the premises and no one would bother whether he is eating or drinking inside. As long as one doesn’t kill someone or set the place on fire, he is basically free to do as he pleases!

Initially, he thought that Elder No was making things difficult for him due to his previous self’s astounding results at the Teacher Qualification Examination. After such a farce, the reason ends up to be just this!

“These books are obtained through the relentless efforts of the academy’s predecessor and every single one of them is the product of their blood, sweat and tears. If you are not here to study, then don’t touch them! Flipping through them the way you do, what can you be doing other than creating trouble?” Elder Mo flings his hands in anger.

“I… Fine, if you insist that I’m creating trouble, then just take it to be so!”

Zhang Xuan wants to explain but after thinking it through for a moment, he shakes his head and decides otherwise.

The matter with the Library of Heaven’s Path must not be revealed. This also means that he would be unable to explain his actions of flipping through those books frenziedly.

Since he won’t be here in the future anyway, there is no need for him to clarify it. Besides, his reputation is already as bad as it is, it doesn’t matter whether it is sullied further or not.

“At least you’re willing to admit to it! Now, scram!” Upon his admittance, intense loathe can be seen in Elder Mo’s eyes. He waves his hands, gesturing him to leave.

“I’ll be taking my leave!”

Just as he is about to leave, a pleasant aroma surges into his surroundings and a figure appears before him. Blocking his path, Shen Bi Ru says, “Wait a minute!”

“What is it now?” Zhang Xuan looks at her helplessly. “You read your own book while I read mine. Surely I didn’t bother you then!”

“Hmph!”

Normally, when she stops someone else, the other party would be leaping in joy. Yet, this fellow looks at her with an annoyed expression. Shen Bi Ru frowns, “It isn’t about that. Didn’t you say that you were reading books in there? After reading for such a long period, surely you would remember some of its contents!”

“What do you mean?”

Not sure what kind of tricks this woman is playing now, Zhang Xuan stares at her doubtfully.

“It’s simple. I noticed that you read 《Eight Methods of Pill Refinement》. It just happens that there are some parts of it that I am unable to comprehend so I would like to consult you on it. Surely you won’t reject my request?” Shen Bi Ru asks.

Actually, her plan is simple. Isn’t this fellow before her putting on an act by flipping through all those books?

Thus, if she questions him on the book and he is unable to answer her queries, his lie will be exposed!