Confessions We All Knew

"You can do this. Do it while he's gone. You have two hours before he comes homes. You're okay." I mumbled to myself as I stared at the apartment door I had called home for so long.

My hands fumbled with the keys as they shook, trying to get them in the key hole. After a few tries I finally got the lock to click and I walked inside, shutting the door behind me. Once I stepped inside I leaned my back against it, sliding down onto the floor. Hurting the bruises on my back even further. I closed my eyes and focused on anything other than the pain. As soon as I did, I had this weird sixth sense feeling telling me something wasn't right. I ignored it, blaming it on my shot nerves.

I was so afraid that Misha was going to see them today. At least Jack was smart enough not to leave marks where people could see. He did once and Jensen said something to me about it in front of us all, Jack forced himself to come with me that morning for our coffee that day. Ever since then if he gets pissed off enough to leave a mark it's always away from eyesight. I was about to stand up when I felt myself being yanked off the floor.

My eyes shot open to meet and angry pair of Jack's, his grip on both my arms were going to for sure leave bruises.

"W-what are you doing home?" I asked, my voice meek and I hated myself for it.

I hated that I couldn't stand up to this coward. What about him made me so afraid? Why didn't I just leave whenever the chance made itself clear? 

"I came home because you weren't answering my calls!" He slammed me against the door behind us.

I gasped as the air was stolen from my lungs, my back burning from the rough patterns on the door.

"Sorry, Misha had- had my phone." I chocked out, trying to breathe correctly.

His eyes darkened slightly, even angrier than before. His hands left my arms and replaced themselves on my throat, sliding me up the door. I clawed at his hands, trying anything to get him to let go. My vision started to get blotchy as less and less air was getting to me.

"Misha?" He growled out. "Misha?! You were cheating on me with him weren't you? Like the stupid whore you are."

I shook my head but it was no use. Was this really how I was going to die? By the hands of this crazy asshole? As soon as things started going really dark, images flashed through my mind. Almost like a dream, where I was watching myself outside my own body. It was me on the floor, only not me.. it was my character. Lucifer- er Mark, was standing over her. Beating her, like a scene we filmed. Only this was real, he was really hitting her. It was so real, I could feel every blow. Like a memory, but reliving it. As if that actually happened to me, not like I filmed it.

I looked to Jack only to see he was no longer Jack, it was Lucifer chocking me. His dead eyes smiling at me.

"I told you I'd always get you."

I felt a surge of power through me, a strength I didn't realize I had. I brought my feet up and kicked him. Hard. Sending him flying back far. Way farther than I thought I was physically capable of. I was in shock as I fell to the floor, catching myself far more gracefully than I normally would have. I didn't have time to think about it, Jack was getting up and I needed to move. 

I stood and ran to the stairs, deciding I would have no time to mess with the locks behind me. As my legs moved, things blurred past me. I moved quicker than I thought humanly possible, what was this? The extra strength, the speed.. Adrenalin? 

I gripped the staircase's railing, trying to steady myself as I felt like I was almost being drained. That sudden burst of power was gone, so I'm going to blame adrenaline. I took a leap up the stairs, only to be grabbed by my ankle and yanked back down. My hand on the rail getting tangle up in the bars on the way down, preventing me from catching myself. I landed on my chin as a result, immediately feeling the blood smear as I was dragged backward.