Devil may Plan

I walked down on of the more empty halls of the warehouse, just wanting to have a little breathing space from everyone. Mainly Misha. Castiel. Whatever I'm meant to call him. Even though he was Misha here and this wasn't my life to live out, it was still hard to let him go.

I kept my head down, following the lines in the carpet as I walked around the hall corner and into a hard chest. Arms steadied me as I let out an 'oomph'. I looked up into the eyes of the person who caught me. Once I did, a million memories flashed through me. 

It was so very strange seeing Gadreel once more. I lost my breath as the memories flashed through my mind at seeing him. All the history we had together, this world and mine. I personally hand't seen Gadreel for hundreds of years and here he was in front of me once more, yet not truly. This was Tahmoh, not Gadreel.

"Tahmoh." My voice was a whisper, I was still taking him all in.

"W-what are you doing here? No one told me you were getting out." He seemed quite shocked at me being in front of him.

"I didn't even know until today." I half lied.

"I'm so sorry I never visited you. They told me the fewer people you saw, the better. Trust me, I wanted nothing more than to come see you."

"It's okay," I nodded. "I forgive you." I said, my statement going a lot deeper than he knew, oh if only he was Gadreel.

There was so much I needed to say to him that Tahmoh would never understand. Maybe when Dakota and I fix this, I'll have the chance to say what I've been needing to say to him for so long.

I hadn't even realized a tear slipped from my eye until Tahmoh wiped it away with his thumb.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" His voice was laced with concern, it made me smile at how much he cared for the girl in front of him here.

Some things never change.

"You just have no idea how happy I am to see you again." I gave him a small smile.

"I never stopped thinking of you. Waiting for you to get out of there has been killing me, it made me realize that I can't be without you like that again. I really can't." He softly gripped my face in his and looked deep into my gaze.

Part of me was hesitant to return his touch. Only, that was just it, that part of me was me. This was not my future, I knew that we were meant for each other here. So, I ignored my internal morals and thoughts of Castiel, putting my hand on top of his and kissing Tahmoh.

I'll admit, it was strange at first. However, the deeper it got, the more I could feel a part of my soul that I hadn't been in touch with before. The part of me that this life was meant for. It encouraged me, it delighted in the touch that was Tahmoh's. It was letting me know that other me wanted this, this is what was right for this piece of us. Which is why I knew I had to do what I could for other me while I was here. I was going to help guide her in the direction that was Tahmoh.

Guide her toward a life with less hurt, to someone she can count on. I knew what she had gone through and waiting on Misha, someone who did not deserve her here, was only going to prolong her pain. She deserved to be shown what real love is. She deserved the man in front of her. I was going to help give her that.

I broke apart the kiss, momentarily. "I love you, too."

He smiled, remembering that the last time he saw me he had told me he loved me and I didn't get a chance to reply. A deep chuckle vibrated from his chest and the smile that he gave off was contagious. And I knew, deep down, we were meant to get our happy ending in this reality.

~

I slammed my fist down on the table, shoving the book I was reading away from me. I growled while it clattered to the floor, covering up the animalistic noise with a cough once I was given an elbow from Dakota. I glared at her while she glared back.

"Shh! There are humans here and I don't wanna deal with the bullshit of the wrong person hearing you. We have enough on our plate already." She grumbled, turning the page of her own book.

I sighed, "This is seriously frustrating, this library doesn't have crap on breaking memory suppressing spells."

"I know, half this crap isn't even accurate anyway. Like this!" She made an appalled face at her book. "Killing a vampire with a wooden stake to the heart? Are these people publishing these things as a joke to watch more people die?"

I snickered, "Maybe a vampire wrote it to throw people off?"

She cracked a smile at that one, picking up a different book from the monument we had growing. We decided to try the oldest local library in town, hoping they had some decent research. We were definitely striking out, there was nothing but story fairy tales and complete movie lies. It seemed this world was very limited on magic.

"What are we going to do?" I put my head in my hands, asking Dakota an impossible question.

She sighed, "I have no friggin' clue. We better figure it out fast though, I have a sense we don't have much time."

"Two days to be exact." I mumbled.

"What!?" She yelled, gaining us the attention of a lot of annoyed people and some shushes.

"And I need to keep my voice down?" I grumbled.

Before she could get out the snarky reply that I'm sure she had for me, we both heard the tapping of a foot next to me and looked up. We saw the face of an angry librarian staring down at us, her arms crossed and her eyes slanted behind her glasses that were held by a band around the frames.

"I can't believe you got us kicked out of library." I chuckled to Dakota as we walked down the steps, nearing the exit that led to the front of city hall.

"Whatever, the only accurate thing in there was the bible." Her voice held some hardness but the smile playing on her lips let me know she also found the humor in it. 

"What did you mean by two days? How do you know that? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She asked me as we sat down on a bench in front of the court house.

I looked away from her and out to the grassy area that was in front of us, breathing in the scent of the area. I made myself familiar with my surroundings as I thought of how to explain what I needed to.

"When Lucifer came to me in a dream, the one where he revealed everything to me, I made the connection of just exactly what he was planning. It was painfully obvious yet so well thought through, no one would question it. I still don't know if he knows I know or if he wanted me to find out. Maybe he thinks he's still got a fool proof plan or maybe he wants a showdown. I don't know." I shrugged, telling her the little I knew.

"I didn't tell you because I thought we would be able to find a cure for everyone before it happened and get back home before any of this hell broke lose; I'm staring to see that may not be possible." I said, annoyance leaking into my voice.

Dakota looked at me, anticipation filling her eyes. "What is it? What is he planning?"

I felt my eyes darken slightly as anger flowed through my veins just thinking about it. 

"The rehearsal for a particular episode is coming up."

Her head slightly tilted in confusion. "So?"

"In this episode, Sam agrees to being Lucifer's vessel. Lucifer is going to trick Sam into saying yes."

~~

Welp, there it is!