My Demons Look A Lot Like You

"Hello?" I called, pushing open the already cracked door.

When no one answered I pushed the door all the way open, stepping through the frame. The old house creaked under my steps. It looked abandon, all out in a small field by itself. It was like something from a bad horror movie, the bushes over grown, cobwebs crowding the windows, all the furniture covered in white sheets. There was glass on the floor from a shattered window, old candles half burned. All the windows were covered as well, allowing no light in the dim house.

As soon as I shut the door behind me a weird feeling came over me, I didn't know how to describe it. I only knew I didn't like it. I shook it off and pressed forward, walking deeper into the house. No one could possibly live here.. right? Maybe she got the address wrong. No, that wasn't possible, this was the only house for a couple acres. I even passed the old windmill she had described. The farm style house was two stories, so up I went after clearing the other rooms downstairs.

I had my gun drawn while listening for everything and anything. Nothing but the sound of my own breathing rang through my ears, no mice, birds, wind. Nothing. I tried smelling for something, be it dust or mildew. Alas, nothing reached my nose either. I couldn't even smell Dean's cologne that rubbed off on me when he hugged me. Nor did Sammy's aftershave linger.

I was reaching the last room of the house, it was all the way down a separate hall and on the right. It was quite dark, being that the hall had no windows. I had my gun aimed at the closed door, stopping right at the entrance of it. As I reached for the handle something inside me screamed to not touch it, to run far, far away, to jump into any of my brother's arms and beg them all to never set foot in here. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, all things screaming at me to leave.

So I did what any Winchester would do. I took a breathe, shut out the voices, and pushed open the door to reveal..

Nothing. Absolutely abandoned like the rest of the place, just as dark and musty. I sighed, putting my gun down and back in the band of my jeans. I walked further into the room, my eyes quickly adjusting to the even darker room. I looked over to the furthest corner from me, an old vintage vanity sat there. It was a heart shape at the top, small bulbs covered the rim of it.

I ran my fingers over it, dust collecting on my finger pads as I did. It stung lightly as I did, which was weird. I put my hand closer to my face and played with the dust between my fingers, why on earth would and old busted up vanity burn me? It's nothing more than a metal hunk of ju- That's when something hit me. 

No. Not possible. 

The open door behind me slammed shut, I turned around yanking my gun out and pointing it at the intruder. It was a man, he looked familiar. I studied him for a moment, waiting for him to speak.

"Well, I must say. This was all a little.. too easy." He grinned at me. "Plan a fake hunt, put an abusive male and a petty female as the guilty looking ones, you're brothers obviously sending you after the later which leads you here to me. No victim, no deaths of anyone important, no ex or preppy bitch looking for revenge. Just me, giving you what you deserve."

So this was all a trap?

"And what the hell is that? What could you possibly do to me, demon?" I asked, putting my gun back since it wasn't much help.

"You don't even remember?" He looked offended. "That figures, all you cared about was yourself anyway. I was the demon Crowley replaced with you. I was his head servant, he depended on me for everything! I even knew how he took his coffee! And then he finds you again, kicks me down to a crossroad demon. Can you believe that? A crossroad demon? I am worth so much more. And you, you didn't even want to be by his side. Since you've left, he's been looking all over hell and back for you. But does he even notice I'm gone? Of course not!" He sneered. "Oh well, once you're out of the picture, he'll see all he really needs is me."