More Questions Than Answers

"Dean!" My father yelled my name, by his tone I knew not to make him call a second time.

Not that I ever did. I ran down the fire escape of the cheap motel we were staying at, Sammy was on one of the old musty beds, watching the morning cartoons. It made me happy when he could have a somewhat normal childhood on days like this. I wish he could always have that.

"Yeah, dad?" I asked him once I reached him.

"Here." He carefully and quickly shoved something into my arms.

Inside a dirty blanket was a small, moving.. baby?

"Dad? I don't- who is this? Why are you giving me him?"

"SHE is your new sister, I need you to take care of her when I can't Dean."

I could tell he was in a hurry, probably for another hunt, but I wasn't letting this go. He couldn't be serious. A baby?

"What the hell are you talking about? New sister? How can I take care of a baby? I'm only twelve!" I started to yell.

My dad gave me one look and I was quiet, "Watch your language. You will do as I tell you Dean. You guys are going to be staying with Uncle Bobby for a while."

He distractedly told me while packing a bag of clothes, weapons, aliases. The essentials for another hunt. I was still in shock, just holding the baby. I was glad to hear we would be going to Uncle Bobby's, he wasn't as harsh as dad and it was something Sammy needed. My dad must have noticed how shocked I was, he came over and knelt down to me.

"I'm sorry to drop this on you, Dean. But I know you can do this, I wouldn't ask you if you couldn't. Please, for me. She's very important, that's all I can tell you. That, and she has no family. She needs us Dean." He gave me a sad smile before packing his bag again.

I sat down on a faded torn love seat, peeling the blanket back to look at the baby. She had a lot of jet black hair, well a lot for a baby. Her eyes were a half brown half green, they didn't mix like hazel eyes though. The inner part near the pupil was green, then it turned right to a light brown. She had no teeth, she couldn't be more than six months old. She hadn't made a noise during the whole ordeal. She just looked back up at me in the same curiosity I had for her.

"Does she have a name?" I asked, not looking away from her.

"Mimi. But no last name." Dad answered, distractedly.

I was going to ask how he knew that but I felt a small hand grip my finger, her grip was so strong it surprised me. She looked at me and cracked a smile and cooed at me. I smiled back at the tiny girl.

"Yeah she does, dad. Winchester."

Dad paused and smiled at me, "I guess she does then. Sam!"

Sammy came as soon as dad called, he stopped when he saw me.

"Who's that?" He pointed to the baby.

"Our new sister." I smiled.

Sammy's face lit up. "Really?"

He ran over to me and asked to hold her, "Yeah but be careful." I told him. "Support her head."

"What's the bracelet on her?" Sam asked dad.

I didn't notice she had on a leather black rope bracelet with a metal strip on it with something engraved.

"I don't know, it's written in another language that I've never seen before. I couldn't find anything on it either." He shrugged.

"I don't even care how we got her, I've always wanted a little sister to look after. She won't ever have to worry with us around." Sammy smiled to me.