Family Don't End With Blood

"Wake up! Chaton, get up you're dreaming!" A voice yelled to me, shaking my body.

My eyes shot open and I roughly shoved whatever was shaking me off out of fear. My ears didn't register to my brain fast enough that it was Bal calling me with his nickname for me. He thought it was funny to call me chaton, a French nickname meaning kitten.

My eyes widened in horror as he crashed against my bed, causing it to slide a few feet back with the force. I opened my mouth to spill my best apology when I was tackled on the mattress, pinned down with my arms above my head. I fought the force, still terrified from my vivid dream.

"You may be as strong as Balthazar but you know you're not archangel strong. You need to calm down, babygirl." Gabe cooed above me with a sternness lacing his voice.

As annoying as it was, I was happy for his contact, quickly I could feel my clouded mind clear. The fact that it really was a dream, not some sick alternate reality, was becoming more and more clear. My breathes, that I didn't even know were sporadic, were calming down slowly. My racing mind was settling, Gabe took note of the fact. He held me there for what seemed forever but was only a couple minutes in reality. He slowly took his hands off my wrists.

"What in holy hell was that?" He asked me.

"I- I was having a dream. Only it was real, at least it felt so real. Oh gosh Gabe, I can't even think about it with out wanting to throw up." I sat up, wiping my long sweaty bangs away from my forehead.

I turned to Bal, who was standing near the bed I shoved him on. Worry quickly made it's way onto my features, for a slightly selfish reason. I wasn't worried he was hurt, I was worried he saw me with fear. I was afraid he'd see me as.. a monster.

"Quit looking at me with those accursed puppy eyes. I know you didn't mean to hurt me, I don't blame you so get that thought out of your head right now." Bal shooed the thoughts away from my mind. "What were you dreaming about?"

I swallowed and looked down, not wanting to really talk about. I played with the hem of my shirt, took a deep breathe, and told them. Everything. I started at the beginning, with seeing Lucifer and then him disappearing on me. Running further into the woods to find Castiel and my brothers, only to not be able to touch them. The dead ripped up body they hovered over, who they thought did it. My bracelet (which I immediately felt was on my wrist). The other me coming out of the woods, my disheveled and unhealthy appearance. I struggled to tell them of the deaths of my brothers but I finally managed. I hardly made it through the ending.

"I was, I was evil. I was a no more than a hellhound in human form." I breathed out. "A ruthless monster." I spat the insult as my brows furrowed together, I glared at the ground as if trying to burn a hole through it.

I felt a slap to my right cheek, not hard enough to actually really hurt but hard enough to snap my head to the left. I held my cheek as I looked up at a contemplating Gabe, my mouth agape at his action.

"What on earth is your problem!" I half yelled, not wanting to wake the guys.

He put a hand to his chin, rubbing his smooth skin. "Trying to see if I could slap the stupid out of you, I don't think it worked though."

I glared at him as Bal snickered and walked next to me, he slung his arm around me and looked down at me.

"You would have to deliver a much harder slap than that, Gabriel." He teased, smiling at me.

"You guys are the worst." I grumbled, but internally happy they were trying to distract me from the dream.

"But you love us!" Gabe sang happily, "We're the hottest people you know, too. You probably just keep us around to stare at."