I promise you

"I dislike coming to Earth." She broke the silence between her and the angel next to her.

He half smiled, it must have been the tenth time she had said it to him that day. Their nearly naked bodies were tangled together in the messy sheets, her head buried into his hard chest while his arms held her impossibly close. The heat from one another's body providing a warm cocoon between the two against the cold of the abandoned cabin they used as an escape house.

 He looked down at her sad expression, sighing as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear in order to see her eyes he adored so much. The simple sight of them could make every bad thought leave him.

"I know, my love. But we both know the consequences of our actions. We can't risk it, I wont risk us." He placed a kiss on her forehead, his stubble tickling her slightly.

"But that's where you're wrong! We don't know what would come of us. It has never occurred before. An angel has never fallen in love with one of my kind. We don't know what would happen." She said, exasperated.

"You know how heaven would see this. They... They wouldn't understand my love for you. They just wouldn't comprehend." It killed him that none of his family would be able to see his love for her.

She was everything to him, he hated keeping it a secret as much as she did.

"I know. I just hate having to pretend I'm completely contempt with how we are expected to behave back home. I will never be happy with hiding my feelings for you."

The sad smile made its way back to her angels lips, "We will figure something out, I know we will. We have eternity after all, dear."

She smiled up at him, as she did the breath was stolen from his lungs. He had to remind himself the steps of breathing. She placed a kiss to his neck, enjoying the roughness as she rubbed her soft cheek against his slight scruff. A shiver of pleasure shot through him, as it did every time she teased him. She took delight in knowing what she could do to him with a simple touch.

She scooted up and began nibbling on his earlobe, earring a mock growl from her angel. The growl only caused her to giggle and continue her teasing him, if anything he had encouraged her. Not that he was complaining, he loved her laugh. He knew he would always adore it and would do anything to hear it.

After a few moments of her constant nibbling, he turned the tables on her as he re-positioned himself on top of her, holding both of her smaller hands in one of his larger ones. With his free hand he began to tickled her in the spots he had learned over the years she was most sensitive. Neither could think of a place the other would rather be.

If she hadn't have been in a fit of laughter, if she wasn't enjoying their bare flesh on flesh, if his beautiful eyes didn't capture all of her attention, then maybe she would have been able to save them both.

"Well, this is unexpected, but certainly pleasant." A new voice spoke up from inside the cabin.

The angel and the woman were quickly out of the bed, all playfulness from their expressions were long gone. The couple that replaced them was all seriousness.

"Nice outfit." Their unwelcome guest commented to her.

The angel wrapped one hand around her waist and pulled her in, happy to have hear near as it calmed him.

"What do you want Lucifer?" He asked him, his now cold eyes watching the devils every movement.

He lazily started walking around the run down cabin, as if he wasn't an unwanted intruder.

"My my, I'm offended you only think I came here because I want something! Can't I visit my favorite brother and his, secret lover? " He put a hand over his heart. "Though I do need something, from you." He pointed to the angel.