Pain and Suffering

Dean POV:

"I've called everyone, every hunter and friend, hell even enemy we have within three states of here and they all say the same damn thing. No one's seen here but they all keep an eye out and hope we find her soon." Sammy sat down at the table across from me, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Where the hell would she go?" I put my head in my hands, trying to think.

Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was the heart broken look on my little sister's face as I told her how shitty she had been lately. Every time there was silence all I could hear was her voice breaking as she admitted how she was a danger to us. I knew that was a low blow, when she was younger and she had a hard time controlling her anger and protectiveness of us, she had accidentally hurt Sammy pretty bad once. Left a big scar on his chest he still has from when she tried to protect him on the first hunt we had brought her on. We told her to wait behind but she didn't listen, so when she jumped in to attack a shapeshifter Sammy had been fighting she accidently got Sammy in the aftermath. He knew it was an accident and never held it against her. She was the only one who held it against herself, she was always afraid to hurt one of us like that again. And I had thrown the fact in her face.

I looked up and out the kitchen window, the clouds were rolling in as a heavy drizzle had started. It was daft and overcast outside, soon it was snow falling on the frozen ground. The house was dimly lit with a couple lamps, the dreary atmosphere only adding to the crappiness I felt. I just wish I had worded it differently, our argument. I was worried for her, I didn't want to see her get hurt by anyone or anything. I could see her falling for Cas, and hard, if she hadn't already. I knew she wouldn't allow us to get hurt, I don't know why I said half the shit I said. God, I was a dick.

"We gotta call Cas. He needs to know, he can help." Sammy looked at me, we had been arguing over this.

"No. He couldn't find her for those hundred years and he wont find her now. The last thing I need is him here." I told him as I got up and walked to the fridge.

"He'll be back, Dean. He's going to find out and right now we need all the help we can get." He reasoned with me.

I sighed, pouring a glass of whiskey. "Fine." I looked up to the ceiling, "Cas get your feathery ass down here. Mimi needs- we need you."

Sammy and I looked around, waiting for him. Nothing happened for a few moments and both gave each other confused looks. Maybe he's not coming? As soon as the thought crossed my mind I heard a fluttering sound behind me. Sammy's eyes shot behind my right shoulder. I jumped and turned around, Cas was standing there looking confused.

"Where's Mimi?" He looked from me to Sammy.

"She uh-" I ran my hand through my hair, unsure of how to explain it to him.

"She left. And we don't know where she is, no one we know has heard from or seen her and we're worried. The only time she has ever done anything like this was after Dean.. was gone. And even then it wasn't like this." Sammy finished for me.

I looked to Cas to see his reaction to the whole situation, but he didn't change his cool facial expression. 

"So she will come back right? Maybe she just wanted to be by herself for some time." He looked to the both of us for reassurance.

"No, Cas. The way she left, what she said- I don't think she will come back. We thought maybe she may have tried to get ahold of you. Did she pray or call to you at all?" Sammy asked, a hopeful look on his face.

"No. I haven't heard from her. Why would she leave and not come back? What happened while I was away?" His face hardened a bit as he looked at me, no doubt remembering the atmosphere he had left.