The Simple Life

My sleep was disturbed in the morning by something clanking in the kitchen. I cracked open my eyes, glancing around and to the clock. It was only six in the morning. I yawned quietly, trying to not wake Dean. He was belly down on the bed, his face smooshed into the pillow and drool leaked out of his mouth. He must have been having a deep sleep. I made a face at the drool that had trickled down the pillow and was dangerously close to where I was laying. Now I was actually happy whoever was in the kitchen woke me up.

Oh wait, there's someone in the kitchen! Not Bobby, he didn't eat breakfast. Sammy was always careful not to make noise if he was up early, which was rare if he could sleep in. I slipped out of bed and tried to matt down my slight bed head and tip toed out of the room. I shut Dean's door to his room and made my way toward the kitchen.

I rubbed my eyes sleepily, trying to shake off the tad bit of grogginess that lingered with me. As I turned the corner and past Sammy's room the smell of crepes hit my nose and I knew just who was in the kitchen. The thought that it might be my angel vanished and left a sense of sadness that I pushed away. Instead, I focused on the smell that wafted up my nose, it was mouth watering. I practically floated to the kitchen.

Once I stepped through the doorway of the kitchen, I saw the master of noisy cooking. Bal was doing his thing in Bobby's kitchen, cracking eggs, flipping this, seasoning that, having Gabe test it all. Gabe would give an honest opinion and Bal would set on fixing it. I laughed at the two, it had been far too long since I had woken up to my two best friends being best friend-y. The more time spent with them, the more I realize how much I missed them.

They looked at me at the sound of my laugh, both faces smiling but so different. Bal had on a soft, sweet smile that creased the wrinkles near his baby blue eyes. His blonde hair everywhere like he rolled out of bed only a few minutes ago, yet he managed to work it as he always did. He was the contrast of Gabe's sly smirk, whose whiskey eyes remained teasing and light, compared to Bal's sincere looking ones. Gabe's tainted blonde hair was styled neater in his slicked back fashion, giving him a more 'I took time this morning' look.

"I suppose I should never expect a quiet morning anymore?" I mocked crankiness as I walked into the kitchen, taking a seat at the bar near Gabe who was watching Bal.

Gabe slung his arm around me and gave me an over confident smile, "You know you'd be bored to death without us. Besides, my smiling face is what gets you through the day."

"More along the lines of makes her wish it was over." Bal muttered, adding cheese to an omelet.

"Just shut up and cook, Frenchy." Gabe shot back, causing Bal to smirk at him.

"Jeez Bal, are you making a feast?" I asked, looking at the display he had going.

On the counter set aside was an abundance of things. Crepes, omelets, bacon, sausage, toast, eggs Benedict, baguettes and croissants with all the fixings, orange juice and goats milk. Even hot chocolate with marshmallows and cinnamon, my favorite.

"Why not? I haven't gotten to cook for you in many years." He said, asking Gabe to taste some breakfast pastry he had made.

He handed me a piece with out asking if I liked it or if I thought it needed changes. I furrowed my brows at him.

"Why don't you ask me if I think it needs anything?" I asked as Bal put the finishing touches on everything.

"Because you say the same thing every time."

"What's that?"

"It's great, can I have more?" He and Gabe said at the same time, looking at me with a blank  expression.