How it's Going to be

"Oh how I've missed you by my side. I mean my hellhound is great," He looked at me," They come from you, you know? Once a guardian is completely corrupt and no longer has any pure grace, they become hellhounds. Very nasty things, but they have a downside. They can't control their taste for souls or blood, gotta keep an eye on them all the time. Not as loyal as you may think either. But you? You were the perfect companion."

I was hardly paying attention as I was yanking and pulling at the thin but sturdy collar on my neck. It wasn't like the chains where they had drained my power, but these seemed to have made a change within me I couldn't recognize. I didn't know what it was or what it did. And that thought alone caused a lot of concern within me.

He stood up and slowly made his way over to me, "Oh, don't bother with the collar, darling. I perfected that thing over many years. It's amazing what a couple spells, some phoenix feathers, and the rarest metal will do to a guardian. You have no choice but to obey me. Think of it as old times, that you can't remember. But don't fret, we'll make new memories."

He was getting closer to me, my fingers were linked through the collar from trying to pry it open. I growled at him as he was right beside me, I wanted nothing more than to sink my teeth into him. It would be so satisfying right now.

"You won't hurt me." His fingers traced the collar. "Now c'mon. Shift, I'll give you the grand tour!"

I felt my body begin the transformation into a guardian, but I used all my strength to take off the flannel Sammy had given me before I had no choice but to shift. Crowley eyed me weirdly as I picked the shirt up between my teeth, using my snout to shove it into my backpack. Call me dumb, I didn't know when I would see Sammy again and the shirt comforted me. I picked my back pack up with my teeth and placed it under his desk. Ignoring his stare as I made my way to his side, looking up at him when he didn't make a move. I growled and snapped at his hand that scratched behind my ear.

He yanked his hand away before speaking, "You'll behave when we are in the company of others. Now, come."

I snorted, earning an eye roll from his as he made his way out the only door the room held. He reminded me to stay by his side, it was my turn to roll my eyes. Where else would I go? Not like I had a choice, I felt like a prisoner in my own body. I couldn't help but to obey his every command.

The door opened to reveal some kind of underground operation Crowley had going on. I kept up with his pace, not lazily walking but not in a hurry. Like he knew he could take his time but still had no need to dilly dally. I took in my surroundings, the halls were made of brick, the floors were made of the same cement material as the first room. The halls were lit by oil lanterns, giving the area a dim dungeon kind of look. Typical. My large paws were silent as we walked, neither of us made a noise as I tried my best to memorize everything.

I assumed we had been walking down the main hall, there were a few other halls that led elsewhere. Some had stairs, both up and down. I couldn't feel any drafts anywhere so I assumed we were about two floors down. How far down could you really go? There weren't any distinct smells either, well other than Crowley's musk that filled my nose. I accidentally took too big of a breathe and ended up sneezing all over his hand. I enjoyed watching him yell like a little girl about how I had gotten it on his favorite suit. Did he even change them? The two times I had seen him the suits looked the same.

We turned down another hall, a couple demons came walking toward Crowley and I. They were both tall, handsome men; just lacking a certain pair of blue eyes.. Their walk was swift and they kept the same step as each other, their faces expressionless. They looked made of stone, no emotion flicked across them what so ever.

I came out from behind Crowley once he stopped walking, and circled around his front. I saw the two demons halt for a brief moment and stare at me with wide eyes before covering up their surprise and continuing toward us. I looked back to Crowley to asses the situation more, only to see he was smirking down at me once again. I raised a furry eyebrow as best I could at him. Then it hit me, I had taken a protective stance in front of him. I looked away as I silently cursed myself for not catching the mistake.