Angels Are Dicks

Bal had taken us back to my room at Bobby's, setting me on my bed as Gabe popped in too. Gabe walked over to my drawers and grabbed a few things out of it and throwing them at me. I caught them and looked at them, shorts and a tank top. Oh yeah, my clothing is covered in my own blood from my wounds.

Speaking of those wounds, they stopped bleeding and I could feel my healing process quickly starting. It would soon close off the wound, probably within the next night or two. There would still be a scar though, for some reason even though we healed quickly, we couldn't heal our scars. Some say it's God's way of reminding us that we aren't completely indestructible.

I threw on the clothes, tossing my bloodied and torn dress in the trash (not that I planned on wearing it again). I shot Bal a slightly sorry look as he looked at the dress in the trash, he shook his head. He'd steal another just like it later, I'm sure.

"Still mad at me?" I asked Gabe.

He was staring at me from across the room, a glare plastered on his whiskey eyes. His arms were crossed as he leaned against my desk, he blew a huff of air out.

"I was never really mad at you, sweetcheeks. I'm more pissed at him and.. myself." He shrugged at the end.

"Yourself?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I should have protected you better." He glared at the ground next to him.

"You didn't know I was going to leave Bal's arms." I reassured him.

His eyes shot to mine and they held pain, something I don't think I had ever seen on my ever joking archangel.

"No, not just then. I should have told Zachariah no, I'm a friggin archangel for dad's sake! I could have done more, however I knew it would have lead to a riot and a lot of angels would have died. I wish I could have been there when you were on earth too. I wish I could have protected you from Castiel." He sighed, turning away from me and gripping the desk.

I sat up in my bed and looked to Bal, my eyes asking him what to do. He gave me a small smile and spoke to me through angel radio.

'He's just blaming himself for things that are out of his control, he feels he failed you. We both do.'

'But I wasn't yours to fail.'

'You were ours the moment you walked into our lives.' A more genuine smile took over his face as he pulled me in for a hug. 'You going to be okay?'

I hugged him back, 'Eventually. What, you have some important jewels to steal?'

He quietly chuckled, 'Something like that. I wont be out of earshot though, I promise I'll come if you call. No matter what.'

I nodded, he kissed my cheek and, of course, had to ruffle my hair before he flew off. I sighed, turning back to my guardian angel. What a laughable thought, a guardian needing a guardian angel. What's next? God needing a guardian? Dipping ketchup in ketchup?

I walked over to him, he was still facing the wall. He gripped the desk tightly, his knuckles turning white. I took one of his hands off it, holding it in my own. It was colder than mine so I held it in between my smaller ones, rubbing it lightly to create some heat. He still didn't look at me, so I pushed him over a tad and sat on the desk. He glanced at me before looking down to his hand in mine.

"You're so small." Was all he said, a blank look on his face.

"I am not small." I growled, I hated when Bal ruffled my hair and I hated when he called me small.

He lightly chuckled, that was a good sign.  "You're small, not weak. There's a difference, buttercup."

I smiled and shook my head, a more serious expression took over me as I looked him in the eye. "You did everything you could for me, even more than you should of, you know that right?"