The Reveal

I walked down into the safe room, ignoring Dean 'ordering' me to stay behind. Instead I went and stood behind Castiel, sitting on one of the cots in the room. From where he was tied up he wouldn't be able to see me and I guess that fact satisfied Dean enough to not make me leave.

At first Castiel was just slightly moving, but Bobby dumped a small bucket of water on him and he woke up. 

"You have a load of explaining to do, Castiel." My eldest brother walked up to Castiel, who was taking in his surroundings as best he could with the limited motion.

He seemed a tad out of it, but he still managed an answer. 

"Ask what you wish, I never intended to hurt you." He looked down to see himself chained up. "What happened to me? Did you knock me out?"

This was the first time I had really heard his voice, I found it truly captivating. Almost like a melody I never knew I needed to hear until now. It was, calming.. soothing. I wanted to hear more, so I tuned into the man; giving him all my focus.

Dean raised an eyebrow, "You don't remember anything about being knocked unconscious?"

He shook his head, "No. That has never happened to me before. It must have been a side effect from my vessel."

"You're a demon in a meat suit?" Dean was walking around him in a circle now.

"No. I'm an angel of the lord." He looked Dean right in the eye.

That took everyone by surprise, even Bobby. Angels exist?

"Angels don't exist, lunatic." I could tell Dean doubted his statement.

"I am one. How do you think I pulled you from damnation? No demon has that kind of power."

"And any angel can just pull anyone from Hell?" Sam asked.

"Yes, but none attempt it. I was told to, God has plans for you Dean Winchester."

"You are thirty one flavors of crazy." Dean shook his head.

"Do you want Lucifer to succeed in the apocalypse? There is a war going on right now, and you are a big part in stopping it. Why else would you be back here?"

I had to admit, he was making sense. For some reason, I felt I could trust him and that didn't ever happen. I wonder what the hell heaven wanted with Dean. This week could not get any weirder.

"Prove you're an angel." Bobby looked down on Castiel.

He shrugged, and an invisible force shattered the chains that had bind him to the chair. Large black wings emerged from his back. They were black, but shined a million different colors when the light would hit them. They left me in awe.

"How did you do that?" 

"Can all angels just break through pure titanium chains like that?"

"Holy heaven."

They all spoke at one, I tilted my head. I was confused, couldn't they see his wings?

"It was his wings." 

"It was my wings."

The angel and I spoke at the same time. Him with conviction, I with amazement.

Castiel looked at me, noticing me for the first time. I stood, matching him as he slowly stood from the chair he was sitting in.

"What wings?" Either Sam or Dean asked, I wasn't sure.

The question was ignored by me as I was taking in the angel's appearance for the first time. I had never really looked at him in the time he had been here. His eyes a deep cobalt blue, his messy tousled hair looked so soft. The light stubble on his face complimented his hard jaw line well. He was a good six or so inches taller than me. His lips were parted a tad, lightly cracked from the time with no water. His tired face seemed to glow as his eyes were on mine. The angel's eyes were glued to me as mine were to him, it was almost as if nothing else mattered.