Realization

After I finished my song, I wiped the tears that were brimming my eyelids and ran off stage. I ignored the clapping and calls of an encore, my emotions going all over the place. All due to Misha, all from those few minutes alone with him. I ran toward the back exit, glad that people were too busy to notice me.

I let the door slam shut behind me, not caring about the lock I heard clicking in place. If I was going to go back inside I'd just go around, or I'll go wait in Jared's car. I really didn't care at this point, all I could feel right now was guilt. All I could muster was this feeling of failure, like I let Tahmoh down after all he did for me.

He's been my best friend as long as I can remember, even if we weren't always together. If someone asked me about a best friend, his name came to mind first. Then he falls in love with me, giving me everything I've ever wanted in a man, treating me perfectly, like something out of a dream. How do I repay him? I sing a song I wrote for another man right after I fall weak in the knees for him because of a simple, stupid touch.

I hated Misha for it, I hate him for making me love him so much. Why couldn't I love Tahmoh? I thought I did, honestly. But if I had really loved him, I'd never even touch Misha.. right? I don't think it's possible to be in love with two people at the same time, only to be confused. Deep down there's always a right answer, leading you to "the one", even if they aren't. 

I gripped my chest as I fell to the floor, trying to even my breathing that I had noticed was growing increasingly difficult for me. The familiar feeling of my lungs collapsing in on themselves coming back to me filled me with fear. I knew what was happening and that was even scarier than not knowing what was going on.

I grabbed my purse and dug through it between labored breaths. When I didn't find what I was looking for panic filled me, it surged through my blood as I dumped the contents of my purse on the floor. It was that moment I remembered the fact that I left my inhaler at Tahmoh's, there was nothing to help me.

I tried to cry for help but between the pounding music and little to no sound leaving my mouth, I knew it was pointless. I tried to calm down, knowing that psyching myself out would only make this worse. I needed to keep my composure or I would surely suffocate before I even had a chance of being found.

I felt my vision start to go black, I knew I would pass out from lack of oxygen soon. It had only happened once before when I was being rushed to the hospital the day I found out I was asthmatic, it was not a great day to say the least. I gave up on trying to breathe and let the darkness take me.

~~

"Pet, oh pet, it's time to get up." The voice gave me chills as I tried to crack open my eyes.

"That's it, good girl. C'mon, open those eyes that resemble your brother's so much."

I peered my eyes open, expecting there to be a blinding light but only receiving darkness. I felt my body sitting on a cool floor, but it was not the same concrete one I passed out on. I looked up once I opened my eyes fully, to come face to face with Mark.

"Mark? What- what are you doing? Where am I?"

I looked around, it was all black. Like a dream. No walls, no floor, no sky, nothing. Just black nothing-ness. Mark had a sinister smile on his face, like he was playing Lucifer.

He tisked, "Mark- name doesn't really suit me.. does it? Lucifer is so much more.. fear inducing."

I gave him a weird look, "This is a fucked up dream."

"You really haven't figured it out yet?" He scoffed. "I did a better job than I thought."

"I must be on some great drugs." I muttered, humorlessly.

He started to walked in a slow circle, hands behind his back. "I needed more time to get Sam to say yes. You Winchesters were way ahead of schedule, with the help of your angel lover and all. I mean, I was still having too much fun causing chaos to even notice. But I'm not that sloppy, I always have a back up plan."

"Mark! What are you talking about?" I shouted, in the back of my mind something is telling me to be on guard.

He turns to face me, his facial expression causing fear to course right through me. "Think, Mimi! Think! How do you explain your random bursts of strength, your sometimes uncontrollable rage, your inability to stay away from Castiel! The visions of me! Think about it! Hard."

How did he know? He's just a figment of me being passed out, I made him up. Of course he knows.

"I'm not a figment." He glares at me. "You know the truth, it is just buried there, deeply in your mind."

I dug deep in my head, trying to pull things and search every memory. Bursts of moments started passing through my mind. Sammy, Dean, Dad, me. Hunting things, saving people. 

Gabriel.

Balthazar.

Castiel.

My eyes opened wide as memories came pilling back, blurry and confusing, but back to me. I started shaking my head no, realizing exactly what happened. As well as realizing exactly what Lucifer was capable of.

"No." I whispered, looking at him and seeing him. 

Really seeing him.

He smiled a sinister smile, "Yes pet, yes. Now, as fun as this has been, because I really missed messing with your head, it's time to wake up now."

I backed up into the darkness as he stepped forward, coming closer quicker than I could go backwards. He put one finger to my forehead and left me with a simple sentence before departing.

"It's too late to fix it."

~~

"Breathe, Mimi! Damn it! Stay with me!" I heard his voice, oh God that voice.

I felt a rush of air fill my lungs as my eyes open, I gasp to make up the air I lost, causing me to cough, I felt a loving hand around my waist and another on my back. I grip the legs of the lap I didn't know I was sitting on, trying to steady myself.

"I got you, I got you, my queen." A voice cooed from behind me, the husky tone lulling me.

I turned around, still slightly breathless. I was sitting on his lap, his back against the wall of the building I had just walked out of, my back against his chest.

"You're gunna be okay, help is on the way." He gave me a small smile.

"Castiel." I whispered before I yanked his collar and pulled him in for a kiss.

~~~

Sorry for the long wait guys :( Work has been kicking my ass, I'm trying to write but it's hard.

Has anyone figured out what's happening?

QOTC: Who is your favorite character and least favorite, why, and what's your favorite quality about them?

Who ever has the most unique/my favorite answer will get to make a guest appearance in the story :D

Love you guys!! You're all the best ♥