xciii. the flock (7.09)

Day 1 of training, 78 days until Clarke's arrival

As you stare at the four familiar faces across from you, you feel the cuffs around your wrists release. Before the disciples at your side can comprehend your movements, you take off in a run, towards your friends, a smile on your face. Octavia meets you halfway, the two of you colliding in a fierce hug, quiet laughter spilling from your lips. As Octavia grips you tight, she whispers, "We thought you were dead."

You pull away and look at her, tears pricking your eyes. "I thought all of you were dead. Gabriel and I-"

"Gabriel?" You turn to look at Hope, her eyes wide. "You've seen Gabriel?"

"Yes, I've been with him since we were all separated."

Hope and Octavia both smile, pleased to hear the news. Echo, who you get a better look at now that you're closer, seems less impressed. But your brain moves past that and to the scars on the side of her face, scabbed over with black blood, clearly a few days old at this point. Echo ignores the look on your face as you meet her eyes, and she pulls you into a hug instead. "I'm glad you're okay."

You nod a little, trying to shake off your shock as you pull away and smile at her. "Me too."

Hope moves closer to you next, her eyes locked on the black blood dripping down your face. "Okay? What about the blood all over her face?"

She hugs you and then turns to glare at the door, where your previous captors are no longer standing. "What the hell did they do to you?"

"I panicked when they came for me. Me and Gabriel started fighting them off, but it didn't exactly go well."

Diyoza's motherly instincts kick in, and despite the lack of relationship that you share with the older woman, the two of you are bonded through your mutual love for Hope and Octavia. She reaches for you, tipping your chin to get a look at the cut on your face, the same way Gabriel did when you first got it. She mutters, "Looks like you broke a few stitches."

"Figures."

Her gaze lifts over your head to call out to someone on the other side of the room. "Any way we could get a first aid kit?"

"Of course."

The familiar voice makes your brows pull together as you rack your brain and try to identify it. When you turn towards the source of the sound, they appear to your right, holding out a first aid kit, a small smile on their face. You look up and meet Levitt's gaze, smiling back at him. "Oh my god, you're okay. I got worried when I didn't see you in M-Cap."

"First Disciple Anders thought I'd be better suited to train everyone. But now, with your arrival, I suspect he'll be joining us."

"Because of me?"

Levitt glances around the room, towards the other trainees, native Bardoans, who are all watching you closely, clearly talking about you. He glances back and lowers his voice so they can't hear him. "I've heard he's taken an interest in you, especially now that you won't let them into your head. Plus, you're a twin. We've never had any twins here, so I'm sure you'll be pretty popular all around."

"Oh great, so I have a target on my back."

"Only until the Key arrives." You give Levitt a look, both of you aware of the dangers of discussing Clarke, knowing what you both know. Octavia doesn't miss the look, her gaze bouncing between you both before she worriedly whispers, "What?"

Behind you, the door slides open, and the room grows quieter. You turn to see why, watching as Anders walks into the room. Levitt pushes the first aid kit into your hand before moving to greet him, and you glance at Octavia and mutter, "Tell you later."