xcviii. a sort of homecoming (7.14)

As soon as the Anomaly dissipates around you, taking you to your new location, you and Clarke drop to the floor.

Her legs give out, her energy near zero after holding you back, emotion now taking you both. You collapse onto your hands and knees, sobbing, ignoring the cries coming from Clarke behind you. Because if you stop to think about it, you know you're going to get angry. You feel strong sobs rise up and break free from your chest, slipping out of your mouth, and over the sound of them you can hear Madi call out to you as she rushes to your side. "Clarke! Ani! What is it? What happened?"

You look up at your niece, her face pulled together with worry, and you see Raven moving to Clarke's side to comfort her. But as your eyes lift to look at Madi, they land on someone behind her. Someone in bright white robes. Someone who has ruined everything for you. Your cries stop, dying in your throat as anger washes over you, your face contorting into a glare as you yell at him. "You did this! You ruined him!"

Bill Cadogan looks at you in surprise, and you run towards him, closing the distance between you both as you launch yourself at him, knocking you both to the ground. You scramble on top of him, your still restrained hands lifting to his throat, a scream ripping from your chest as you start to choke the cult leader that has made your life hell with his bullshit teachings. "This is your fault! He'd be by my side if it weren't for you!"

You vaguely register the sound of multiple voices calling your name, yelling at you to stop, but you ignore them all, watching with satisfaction as Cadogan's face turns pink and then red from lack of oxygen. As you wait for it to turn purple, signaling that the end of his life is near, you feel arms wrap around each of your arms and around your waist. You kick and scream as you're pulled backwards, away from Cadogan, the leader taking in deep gulps of air before looking at you with disgust. You glance over your shoulder at who's holding you back, your eyes landing on Murphy, Jackson, and Gabriel. "Let me go! He deserves to die!"

"This place is perfect for you tribalistic savages." You tug against the three men holding you back, desperate to attack him again, but they hold you in place as Cadogan sits up. As he pulls himself to his feet, he lifts a blue pill in his hand. "Nano-tracking program."

He swallows it before any of you can stop him, turning to look at you with a smug smile on his face. "What is it you say? May we meet again."

"NO!" Three sets of arms finally release you, and you run towards Cadogan, reaching your arms out to him as he disappears in a cloud of green light. You stand staring at the empty spot, Cadogan now gone, your anger giving way to panic as you spin in place. "Where is he? Where did he go?"

You pause, eyes wide as your gaze takes in everyone around you, looking at you as if you've lost your mind. But none of them know what you know. None of them have seen what you've seen. They don't know that Clarke killed Bellamy. They don't know that you have to kill Cadogan, need to kill Cadogan, because there's no way you can punish your twin. She pulled the trigger on Bellamy, and maybe you'll always hate her for that. But she's your blood, your other half, and you could never kill her. Not even now, not even in the height of your anger. Because maybe part of you understands. But Cadogan? He's your enemy. The leader of your enemy. He taught Anders and the disciples and Bellamy all of the bullshit they believed in. He ruined everything for you, and you are more than capable of killing him.

Which is why staring at his empty spot is now sending you into a panic, and you turn and take off running before anyone can stop you. As you rush past your friends and up the ramp behind you, you realize now that you're in the Second Dawn Bunker, on Earth somehow, bringing you a slight sense of relief amongst your growing anxiety.

You can hear multiple voices calling your name again, begging you to stop, but you ignore all of them, moving through the door and out into the open air. The sight in front of you stops you dead in your tracks as soon as you see it, nothing but lush green trees all around you. Your mouth drops open in surprise and you turn in a small circle, taking in the green Earth and the overgrown remains of Polis just behind you.