xxxi. wanheda, pt 2 (3.02)

You all sit in tense silence as the moon sets and the sun begins to rise. It's early dawn before Bellamy breaks the silence. "It's been three hours. What are they waiting for?"

"Even with the light, I don't see anyone."

You turn and peer out of the vehicle, finding no movement or signs of life. Monty turns from his spot in the driver's seat. "I say we make a run for it."

Kane shakes his head, "No, that's what they want us to do."

"The boy is right. They can wait longer than we can."

Kane watches Indra for a second, considering her words, before nodding and turning to Bellamy. "Okay, Bellamy. You get in the turret and you cover us. Once we get to that ridge over there, we'll cover you."

You can see the skepticism on his face, so you whisper, "I'll stay with you, and cover them from back here."

"Copy that. Run fast."

He stands and pushes open the hatch, poking his head out and pulling his gun up to follow. But before he can make another move, you see him freeze in place, body going rigid. He mutters, "They're here."

"Everybody out or the boy dies!"

Suddenly, Bellamy is yanked out of the rover through the hatch, and he disappears from sight. You feel panic rise within you and you yell, "Okay, we're coming out! Don't hurt him!"

You drop your gun to the floor, and Kane follows suit, then Monty and finally, after a moment of hesitation, Indra. You turn and look at Kane as you reach for the door, and he nods his approval, so you turn the handle and start to push it open. The second you see sunlight, the door is yanked open the rest of the way, and you are harshly pulled out and thrown to the ground.

Someone presses their knee into your lower back, pinning you in place as they secure your hands behind you. You struggle as you hear the others hit the ground around you, and you hear Bellamy let out a grunt of pain from somewhere nearby. You lift your head and search for him, your eyes landing on him to your left. He meets your eyes and you both struggle harder when you see each other in danger, fighting to reach each other, but two more Grounders converge on each of you, holding you down and stopping your movement. Someone yells, "All targets secure!"

Your brows pull together at the sound of English, the language rarely used by Grounder warriors when they think you might be listening. You hear the beeping of a machine grow more rapid as it locates what it's looking for, and someone mutters, "Found it."

You struggle to lift your head and see what's happening, but you hear someone struggle as they are pulled to their feet, and Monty yells out, "It's mine. Give it back!"

Across from you, Bellamy yells, "Monty, let it go!"

One of the Grounders lets out a surprised whisper, "Monty?"

You struggle and turn to face him, as realization passes over Monty's face. "Mom?"

Monty's mom tugs her mask off and runs to him, pulling him into a tight hug as you all watch the reunion in confusion. Someone yells, "Farm station, stand down."

They release Kane, but keep their weapons trained on you, Bellamy, and Indra. Kane turns to look at the man standing over him. "Pike?"

The name seems familiar, but you can't remember why. Pike pulls off his mask, and pulls Kane to his feet and into a hug. "You have no idea how good it is to see you."

"We didn't think you made it!"

Pike turns to the men still pinning you to the ground, "I said stand down."