lxxii. sanctum (6.01)

Jordan gives you, Bellamy, and Clarke a few minutes to process everything you've just learned before informing you of the last of Monty's instructions: tell your friends.

You wake a small group of people, those who were present at the meeting 125 years ago, including Spacekru, Shaw, and your mother. You tried to wake Octavia too, but Bellamy stopped you, telling you to wait for now. Though you disagree with him, you respect his decision and keep her asleep. Everyone gets a brief rundown of what's happened since they were last awake, and then you play the videos for them too, revealing planet Alpha the same way it was revealed to you. As Monty's last lines play and the video ends, there are no dry eyes in the room from anyone that knew Monty and Harper. Everyone is crying as they peer down at the planet Monty found for the rest of you to survive on.

Bellamy takes in the group's silence, and softly says, "I know this is a lot to process. Take an hour and meet in the mess, we need to game this out."

Clarke looks over everyone, reminding them of Monty's sacrifice. "Guys, we survived. Monty made sure of it."

"Now we get our humanity back."

Your mother's words send Raven reeling, though you don't know why. She turns on her, pissed, and snaps, "Some of us never lost it."

Then she storms out of the room, leaving Shaw to run out after her. You turn to look at Clarke, confused, and she mutters, "There's a lot I need to tell you."

"Then tell me."

"Not here." She nods towards the door, motioning for you and Bellamy to follow her. "Someplace more private."

Clarke takes you and Bellamy to one of the many abandoned staterooms and proceeds to catch the two of you up on everything she learned while in Shallow Valley with the Eligius prisoners and your mother. She finally lets you both know about the Dark Year and the cannibalism in the bunker, which shocks you and Bellamy both. She also tells you about your mother's addiction to pain pills, and her overdose that nearly killed her, and you realize now that all the times you thought she looked incredibly exhausted were because she was going through withdrawals. When she finishes updating you both, you and Bellamy sit in shock for a few minutes before she leaves to check on Madi, leaving the two of you alone to come to terms with everything you've learned.

You and Bellamy sit in the stateroom a while longer talking before you head back to the bridge to read over the files Monty gathered on Eligius III. As you read, you and Bellamy discuss a bare bones plan, one that can be expanded on as you talk to the rest of your friends. Once you have an idea of what to do next, you walk down to the mess hall to meet up with the others. Echo, Murphy, and Emori are already there when you arrive, sitting at a table and drinking algae from bowls that Jordan is passing around. He brings you and Bellamy both a bowl, which you eye warily before setting it down in front of you, not eager to taste it just yet. Bellamy takes a few sips, unbothered by the years of algae he had on the ring, and you watch him with amusement, nose scrunched up in disgust. He feels your gaze on him and he turns to you, trying to hide a smirk. "What?"

You peer into your bowl, staring at the bright green liquid, before looking back to him. "You're eating that stuff?"

"It's what we ate for six years on the ring, it's not that bad. Besides, you should eat, you'll need your strength."

You think of the variety of foods you ate in Shallow Valley and sigh, knowing this isn't and will never be as good as the food from the valley, but you know Bellamy is right and you need your strength. You slide the bowl towards you and lift it, musing, "It's no harvest of fresh berries, but-"

You never get to finish your sentence, because the table around you erupts in a series of laughs and groans. Murphy tosses his napkin at you and you laugh, looking around at all of them in confusion. "What?"