xliii. red sky at morning (3.14)

Luna disappears from the top of the rig before any of you can even catch her.

Instead, you're all led into the rig and into a large room, where people are sitting around, eating, talking, listening to someone telling a story. One of Luna's people tells you to wait here, and then they leave you alone, the five of you all staring at each other in confusion, wondering what to do next.

Jasper quickly decides that he no longer cares, and he leans back in his seat, listening to the story being told by the girl at the front of the room. Octavia sits motionless, and you start to worry that she's in shock, not expecting that the Luna that Lincoln had told her about would turn you all away. You, Clarke, and Bellamy look around the room constantly, head turning towards the door every time you hear it open, searching for the woman who denied you.

You're the first to spot her, Bellamy and Clarke looking the other way, and you reach out to touch each of them, getting their attention. "She's here."

"Maybe she changed her mind," Bellamy mumbles as he stands, and you and Clarke do the same, following him across the room and stopping in front of Luna.

Clarke opens her mouth to say something, but Luna beats her to the punch. "The boats return at nightfall. Then, you leave." She pauses, and then adds, "Forever."

Clarke tries again, "Luna, let us explain."

"I said no."

"No, you need to hear this." Bellamy tries to reach out and grab her to stop her as she tries to walk away, but the man at her side reaches out for him and stops him. Still, she pauses, allowing Bellamy to continue, "There is something out there that is going to destroy us all."

"Whatever it is, it can't reach us here."

She brushes right past you, heading over to sit beside Octavia. You all stand there, dumbfounded, sure that you could convince her if you were given a second chance. Jasper gets up and leaves the two women, and you see Luna pass Lincoln's journal to Octavia, before you turn away with a frustrated huff.

After a brief conversation, Luna stands and leaves Octavia, before walking over to a couch against the wall with the man from earlier. They both lay back onto it, instantly cuddling, and you turn away, feeling like you shouldn't be watching. Bellamy leads you and Clarke back over to his sister, and you all sit around a small fire in silence, much like before. Bellamy and Octavia seem much more resigned to Luna's denial, while you and Clarke continue to radiate anger and frustration.

Bellamy breaks the silence first, glancing over at Jasper and then back to your group with a smile. "Jasper's actually smiling."

None of you say anything, and beside you, Clarke turns to glare at Luna. Bellamy shakes his head and sighs, "Hey, Temper Twins, let it go."

You look up at him with a glare, and you're sure Clarke is doing the same. You shake your head at him. "We can't just leave."

Octavia mumbles, "It's not like we have much of a choice."

Clarke turns to look at her, backing you up. "Maybe we do."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about putting the Flame into her head without asking."

You turn to Clarke in shock, instantly shaking your head, "Wait, that's not what I meant."

Octavia gives Clarke a look of indignation before adding, "This isn't like Emerson, he was trying to kill us!"

"You think I don't know that?"

Bellamy gives Clarke a serious look. "Clarke, we don't have to do this. We can fight, we can go back to Arkadia. We can arm up."