lviii. praimfaya (4.13)

March 21st, 2150; Becca's Lab; less than 2 hours until Praimfaya

The planning that goes into sending 9 people into space is a lot more intense than you expected. You spend the next couple of hours trying to figure everything out, get the rocket modified, and informing those in the bunker of your plans. Right now, you are in the office with Bellamy, sitting near the radio, talking to Octavia. He just told her everything, down to the smallest of your plans, letting her know exactly what challenges you're facing, and she seems surprised that you're even doing this. "Five years. Can you really survive up there?"

"Raven says we can. As soon as it's safe, we'll find a way back down. We will meet again."

"I'll be waiting..." She pauses, giving the moment a dramatic effect before finishing, "Under the floor."

"You're not that little girl anymore." He sits back, waiting for her response, met with nothing but silence. He glances at you and then over to the radio, his brotherly instincts kicking in. "What is it, O?"

"I'm not sure I'm up for this, Bell. They look at me like I know what I'm doing, just because I won a fight."

"They look at you like that because you saved them, but it won't last. Now you have to lead."

"How? I'm not a leader. It should be you or one of the twins or-"

He cuts her off, nipping the insecurity in the bud. "O, stop. None of us could've done what you did, and it wasn't just winning a fight. You gave people hope when there was none. You're Prometheus, stealing fire from the gods and giving it back to the human race."

You smile at your history nerd, proud of his metaphor, and Octavia jokes, "Prometheus got chained to a rock so that eagles could eat his liver."

"Thanks for ruining my metaphor, O."

You and Bellamy laugh, and you can hear Octavia laughing on the other end before she gets serious again. "I love you, big brother. Guess it takes the end of the world for me to say it."

He drops his head, and you can see him fighting back tears, after weeks of desperately wanting to hear the words from his little sister. "I love you, too."

He lets go of the button, and a static that wasn't there before comes through, growing louder and quieter every few seconds. Bellamy looks at the radio in confusion, and then fear, as he questions, "O? Hey, O, are you there?"

When she doesn't answer, he fiddles with the dials, and you stand from your chair nearby and come to settle beside him on the couch, placing your hand on his thigh as he repeats, "Are you there, O?"

When nothing comes through, he drops his head again, the tears threatening to fall, before he pushes them away and whispers, "May we meet again."

You echo, "May we meet again."

The door to the office opens and Clarke steps inside, looking happy, blissfully unaware that the radio cut out before you could talk to your mom. She smiles at you, "Hey, do they have her?"

"The radio's dead, we won't get to say goodbye to mom."

Her face falls at your words and you stand and walk over to her, pulling her into a hug as she starts to cry. You comfort her, feeling your own wash of sadness, and you feel Bellamy place his hand on your shoulder, allowing you to draw strength from him. The moment doesn't last for long though, because Murphy yells from down in the lab, "Twins of Terror, Bellamy, get down here!"

You all run out of the office and down the stairs into the lab, stopping beside the others to watch the giant screens in front of you. One of Becca's drones is situated outside of Polis, filming the tower, and in the background you can see Praimfaya approaching, the large, fiery death wave barreling towards the tower. You reach out and grab Bellamy's and Clarke's hands, all three of you connected as you watch the death wave cover the tower, before it knocks out the drone itself, ending the signal.