xcvii. blood giant (7.13)

The tension in the room is so thick that it's practically suffocating.

Gabriel, Doucette, Cadogan, Bellamy and Raven remove their helmets, all of them looking around the room as they do, their eyes landing on Russell, who is standing next to the throne of bones. Gabriel steps forward a little, smiling a little at his former friend and current adversary. "Russell. What the hell is this?"

Russell stares at him with an angry glare, countering, "Who the hell are you?"

And though you have no idea what's going on, you know that the man in the front of the room, standing next to a horrifying throne, his body adorned in Grounder clothes, is not Russell. You step forward a little, drawing Gabriel's eyes back to you, and earning a warning stare from Cadogan. "That's not Russell."

Confirming your point, the man between Russell and Indra announces, "This is Malachi kom Sangedakru, and you will kneel before him."

You hear Raven whisper, "Well, I guess we found Sheidheda's code."

Sheidheda. Not a threat that you expected to arise in your time away from Sanctum. Civil War between Wonkru, Eligius, and the Sanctumites? Sure, very likely. The Children of Gabriel changing their minds and deciding to kill everyone who left them out to die? It's possible. But the code of a Dark Commander killed over a hundred years ago now taking over the body of your mother's killer? Not something you were expecting.

Sheidheda seems to be handling his power well, because he looks over all of you with no fear or worry. "Since my Ascension, the protocol has become rather simple really. Kneel...or die."

You pull a face and Cadogan bristles, stepping away from you and the others to draw closer to the opposing leader. "Ordinarily, I would relish the opportunity to recruit your forces to the cause. But unfortunately, I have neither the time nor patience to suffer your primitive tribalism."

He holds out his hands and bows his head, giving a silent signal to the hidden disciples in the room to begin shooting. They take out every person in the room that is holding a gun, killing them all without hesitation, before revealing themselves one by one, deactivating their ghost mode. You are hyper aware of at least one missing disciple, still hidden from view, but your mind is distracted from the information when Raven calls out, "Murphy!"

She and Clarke rush towards him, along with Indra, and you try to step closer to them, only to be stopped in place by Doucette. You turn towards him and glare, wondering if you can use your restraints to choke him out before anyone would notice, but you see Bellamy looking at you from the corner of your eye. When you shift your gaze to him, he's giving you a look, one that says he knows exactly what's going through your mind and that you better stop considering it. You roll your eyes and turn away from him, catching bits and pieces of the whispered conversation being held by your friends and twin.

"...ray guns I can accept, but that..."

"...Madi's safe with..."

"...Gaia was with you."

"...safe for now."

Their conversation is interrupted by Cadogan, who was also eavesdropping, and who is now turning to give commands to the disciples in the room. "Restrain the soldier with him."

The disciples move towards Indra and Sheidheda, but Clarke steps in front of Indra, trying to protect her. "No, she's with us."

They take Indra away anyways, ignoring Clarke, and Cadogan watches them take the warrior over to a pole in the room, preparing to tie her up. "She was standing unrestrained by the throne. The only reason she's not dead is because she was unarmed."