lxxx. what you take with you (6.09)

Time passes in the cave slowly as you wait for something to happen. Anything really. But your captivity is largely uneventful after your initial escape. Most of the Children of Gabriel ignore you as they go past, moving in and out of the cave, and only once does one of them interact with you, a few hours into your captivity. She grabs your head and tugs it forward, checking for a mind drive scar, and when she finds none she informs the others and leaves you alone again.

Sometime after dark, something finally starts to happen.

There's a commotion in the cave, and people rush past you and towards the door, some of them talking about new hostages as they go. You stand, moving as close to the door as you can, eyes trained on it as you await the arrival of whoever else they found. You finally see movement towards the entrance to the cave, and you watch two people being led inside, bags over their heads. You feel your heartbeat quicken, wondering if you know who they are, but you don't have to wonder for long because the taller of the two figures mutters, "I need to see Gabriel."

You feel a rush of relief, and worry, at the sound of your boyfriend's voice, and you call out, "Bellamy?"

He calls your name back, and then the bag is pulled off his head, the two of you looking at each other in shock. Bellamy's face drops when he sees the blood smeared on your face, and you shake your head a little trying to let him know that it's nothing to worry about. You tug against your chains, trying to reach him, and he launches himself towards you, slipping from his captors grip. He rushes across the cave to you, his arms wrapping around you for half a second before he is yanked away and you're rewarded with a hard slap. You let out a sound of pain, groaning at the familiar metallic taste washing over your tongue, and you turn and spit the blood from your mouth, before looking up with a glare, eyes landing on the person who slapped you.

You almost roll your eyes when you realize it's Asher, who now has black warpaint smudged around his eyes. He smiles at you, clearly enjoying his torment of you. "What? Do you have something to say?"

You let your anger get the best of you and you search your head for the nickname used in Sanctum that you're sure will hurt him, coupled with a reminder of the insult he threw your way before knocking you out. "Yeah, how'd a Null get past the radiation shield anyways? Your red blood isn't good for anything."

The insult hurts him, as intended, but it earns you another smack, this time accompanied by Bellamy's struggling cry of protest. You keep your sound of pain at bay this time and turn your glare back to the man, who smirks at you. "I slipped out the same time your boyfriend did, he was just too busy to notice."

You look at Bellamy, who looks like he has a million things he wants to ask you, but you're cut off by a voice muttering, "Ew, what's that smell?"

You look over to the second hooded figure, and watch as they tug the bag off Josephine's head. She looks around in disgust before her eyes find you, taking in your appearance, and she scoffs, "God, you look like shit."

Josephine's presence seems to remind Bellamy that there is more at stake here, and he looks at the man standing beside you. "Which one of you is Gabriel? We have information critical to your cause."

Josephine laughs, "Their cause is a joke."

"Quiet!"

But Josephine doesn't stop, she just continues her taunting with a smirk. "Do you think that dressing up in scary costumes helps your cause? We laugh at you in Sanctum."

"Why aren't you laughing now?"

The same woman from the alleyway, a blonde with warpaint, pulls out a sword and points it at Josephine. She doesn't flinch, but you can see Bellamy start to worry, and he calls out, "Just wait. They can make hosts, as many as they want."