ii. earth skills (1.02)

Morning comes quickly.

Sleeping in a tree is uncomfortable, and the fear of falling leaves you restless and unable to sleep. As soon as the light breaks the horizon, you climb down from your lookout and venture past the makeshift camp, into the woods. You spend a long time watching the sun rise higher in the sky, thinking about your life and what led you here.

It doesn't take long for the sound of rowdy teenagers to reach you, and you decide to head back to camp to wait for Clarke and the arrival of food. Your stomach growls in agreement and you shake your head before standing from the fallen log and pointing yourself in the direction of camp. You're only a few minutes out when you hear a twig snap behind you. You turn quickly, eyes scanning the forest for the source of the noise. Finding nothing, you continue on, more alert than before.

You stop again when you hear another branch break and you whip your head around, watching and listening. You swear you hear footsteps running through the woods, and you begin to panic. You take off running towards the camp, head still searching for the source of the noise. You sigh a little when you hear the growing sound of the delinquents, but you keep running until you accidentally collide with someone.

The impact sends you flying to the ground, and you land on your back with a groan. You lie there, looking up at the sun filtering through the trees, when a voice asks, "Hey, are you okay?"

A figure moves into your vision and blocks out the sun, and you start to reply until you see his face.

Wells.

He holds out a hand to help you up, but you swipe it away and quickly stand. You both watch each other, and he quietly says your name. You shake your head, already cutting him off. "Whatever you're about to say, I don't want to hear it. You're the reason my dad is dead." You practically spit the last word at him.

His voice is quiet, barely above a whisper. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Did you not hear me? He's DEAD because of you! Gone. Floated." Tears well up in your eyes, "I never got to say goodbye."

He steps towards you, and you look up at him in anger, swallowing back your tears. "Just stay away from me, Wells. Me and Clarke."

You turn and head into the camp, not stopping until you reach the dropship. You pull the makeshift door to the side, ready to check on your collected water, before coming face to face with a naked Bellamy Blake.

You freeze in shock, eyes scanning his body, before coming to land on his face. He smirks at you. "Enjoying the view, princess?"

You give him a look of disgust, "The exact opposite actually."

He pulls on his pants, letting out a short laugh. "Really? Because it looked like-"

"I don't care what you think it looked like. I was just coming in here to check on something." For the first time, you see a girl behind him getting dressed, and your brows lift in disbelief. "And now I'm leaving."

You turn and scurry out of the dropship, before colliding straight into Wells, who is mid argument with Atom. You manage to catch yourself from falling this time, but you roll your eyes. "Seriously? Are you everywhere?"

Bellamy comes out of the dropship, still shirtless, and eyes Wells and the pile of clothes in his hands. "This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply." He snatches the clothes from his hands, and Wells lunges at Bellamy, only to be stopped by Atom. Bellamy motions for Atom to let him go. "You want it back? Take it."

Bellamy and Wells stand in place, eyes locked, tension filling the air. Wells breaks first, and turns to toss the rest of the clothes, which are immediately grabbed by a group of teenagers. Wells turns back to Bellamy, "Is this what you want? Chaos?"