xix. fog of war (2.06)

Two days pass after Finn's massacre, largely uneventful, marked only by periods of planning to invade Mount Weather, and tension between Finn and everyone else.

You're currently walking towards Bellamy's tent, situated on the opposite end of the camp from yours and Clarke's, when you see him.

Shumway.

You make eye contact and he starts to walk towards you, and you turn and duck between a row of buildings, bobbing and weaving between them, hoping that he doesn't find you. A voice drifts between the buildings, sinister enough to make your skin crawl. "La lune, where are you hiding?"

You start to run faster, maneuvering through the camp until you burst out on the other side, near the group of tents. You run towards Bellamy's, not stopping until you burst inside, unannounced.

He looks up at you in surprise, his pants held in his hands, and his body uncovered except for his gray boxers. You quickly cover your eyes and mutter, "Sorry I saw Shumway and-"

He laughs, "You don't have to do that."

"Do what?"

His voice is closer when he answers, right in front of you. "Cover your eyes."

His fingers close around your wrist and lower your hand, and your eyes open to his bare chest. His pants are now pulled up and secured, and you look up to meet his eyes. His hands lift to your cheeks, holding you in place as he dips his head, his lips meeting yours.

You lose yourself in the kiss instantly, forgetting Shumway, forgetting why you were looking for him, focusing only on the way his lips feel against yours. How his curls tickle your face, and how his hands are now roaming over your body. They have just reached your butt, giving you a light squeeze, when you hear both your names called from outside his tent. You pull away, breathless, and a second later Clarke steps inside, instantly eyeing you both suspiciously. "Are you coming or what?"

"Yes."

"Good." And then she exits without another word, already making a beeline for the bar, leaving you to grab Bellamy and follow.

"Wait, what's going on?"

"I was supposed to come get you for a meeting." You blush when you remember his distraction. "She thinks she finally got the map right."

"Oh. Good."

When you reach the table, Clarke is already sitting, map open and spread out, three drinks already waiting. You and Bellamy sit, and she launches into her explanation.

"It's a Labyrinth. We got to the dam through this tunnel," She uses her pencil to point it out. "It's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in."

You give her a skeptical look. "Sure, if we can get past the Reapers and the Mountain Men."

Bellamy sighs and leans back in his chair, looking between you and Clarke. "I swear to God, if your mom doesn't sanction the mission soon, I'm going by myself."

You and Clarke answer in unison, "You won't be by yourself."

Bellamy pulls a face, weirded out by the synchronization, and you and your twin let out a laugh. Her laughter dies out quickly and you turn to her to see why, finding that her eyes are locked at something over Bellamy's head. You follow her gaze and Bellamy does too, spotting Finn and Murphy, before you both turn back to Clarke. He attempts to sound casual when he asks, "How's Finn doing anyway?"

She shrugs. "I haven't talked to him since we got back. I don't know what to say." Her gaze drops to the table, and you can tell she's somewhere else, stuck in a memory. "He just kept shooting."