lvi. the other side (4.11)

March 29th, 2150; the Second Dawn Bunker

You and Bellamy stare at your twin in shock, not understanding why she thought this was a good plan. You can sense Bellamy's rising anger, and when you realize that your twin left not only Kane but possibly Octavia on the surface, you feel a flash of anger along with him. Your boyfriend's voice steadily starts to rise as he turns on Clarke. "How could you do this? There were only 4 warriors left, and Octavia was one of them! She might have won."

Clarke comes around the desk, getting closer to you and Bellamy, trying to calm him down. "Bellamy, you're right, she had a chance. But Luna was in the final 4 as well, which means there is an even better chance of nobody getting into this bunker, of nobody surviving the end of the human race. Can you understand that?"

"Yeah, I can understand that you did what you think you had to do, like always. But you can't expect me to stay down here not knowing what happened to my sister."

Jaha looks up from the plans he's been studying, shaking his head in frustration. "We're not opening that door, son!"

You turn on Jaha, his words spiking your anger, and snap, "You know what? We must have missed the election that made you Chancellor again."

He cuts his eyes at you, but whatever flimsy remark he was preparing to send your way is cut off by your mom entering the office, looking around in confusion. "I was setting up the infirmary, and I heard people in the corridor. Is it over? Did we win?"

You turn to your mom. "We don't know. Because your golden child made a monumentally stupid decision."

Her eyes narrow, not understanding the quip, but knowing that you only use the golden child insult when you're really pissed. She seems to do a quick scan of the room again before she asks, "Where's Marcus?"

"He was in the tower. We sent some people for him, Bellamy, and Octavia." Jaha tries his best to look upset, but he doesn't play the part well. Your mom looks at you, starting to understand, before turning her glare onto Jaha. "These two were the only ones we could get in time. I'm sorry."

"Give me your radio, Marcus has his."

"The walkies are no good down here."

Clarke walks around to the desk and hits a button, revealing a secret panel that starts to lift slowly. Nestled inside are a few computer screens, displaying the outside radiation levels, and a radio. Jaha turns to her in surprise and scolds, "Clarke."

"I'm letting them say goodbye."

You and Bellamy come around the desk towards the radio, and your mom starts to follow, only to be cut off by Jaha standing in her path. "I understand your need to know, but I promise you there is nothing but more pain on the other side of that radio. The radiation levels have become critical, so people outside are already feeling the effects. Once they realize that we took this bunker, it'll be chaos, and if we open that door, we let that chaos inside."

Your mom snaps, "I understand. Now, get the hell out of my way."

She pushes her way past him and comes to stand on your other side as Bellamy fiddles with the adjustment on the hidden radio. "The walkies are set to 21.5 megahertz."

You hear static as he reaches the right level, and a second later, Octavia's voice comes through. "Can anyone hear me? Over. This is Octavia, can anyone hear me, damn it?"

Bellamy grabs the radio, a smile on his face, both of you exchanging a look, knowing what it means to hear her voice. Beside you, your mom looks equally as shocked as Bellamy answers his sister's plea. "O, it's me. You ok?"