44-Show Us

Anakin's POV
I awoke to the sound of my com going off. (Y/n) stirred underneath my arm, probably annoyed by the sound. I brought it up to me, "What is it?" I spoke low so I wouldn't disturb her.

"Get here now." Ari's voice came through and by her tone I knew it was serious.

"On my way." I responded and I looked down to my half asleep wife who was eyeing me curiously.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." I caressed her cheek, "But I gotta go check on Echo."

She whined and tightened her grip around me.

I chuckled softly, "I know, I wanna stay here too but it's important that I go."

She groaned in annoyance, "Hurry back."

"You know I will." I pressed my lips softly to hers and she grabbed ahold of my shirt and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. She finally let go and broke away from me. I sighed, I wished for nothing more than to be with her all day and have no distractions. One day... one day when we're finished with the order we will have the life we want.

I pulled away from her and she rolled over to go back to sleep.

I left the room and made my way to the medical ward. I entered the room to see Ari pacing back and forth as Echo and Rex are staring at the screen. All their heads snapped to me when they noticed me walk in.

"Turns out Echo isn't as insane as we thought he was."

~*~•~*~

"Sure about this are you?" Master Yoda questioned me with cornered eyes. The news I just brought to the council about what lies inside of our clones has caused tension in the room.

I nodded, "Yes, Ari found the evidence inside of Rex's inhibitor chip."

"I've brought it with me." She stepped forward from behind me holding a small hand held computer with the chip intact inside.

"Show us." Yoda nodded towards her so she could continue.

She brought the display up as a hologram that projected from the computer and she explained in detail everything she found about an 'Order 66'. The council members began to murmur amongst themselves in concern and fear.

Master Yoda sighed, "Disturbing this is. A plot to destroy the Jedi it seems to be."

"What do you propose we do about this?" Obi-Wan leaned forward so his eye contact could meet with Yoda's.

"I think we should incinerate all the clones, they are a clear threat to us." Master Windu spoke up before Master Yoda could.

"No," I interjected in disbelief at his harsh solution, these men were our friends and they didn't ask for any of this, "We are still in a war and we are as good as dead if we get rid of our entire army."

"Have a plan do you?" Yoda eyed me curiously.

I nodded, "We remove the chips from every clone." This was the best option, the safest option.

Master Windu scoffed, "Do we even have that kind of time?"

"I don't know but it's the best solution we have. Ari here is a trusted friend, I think we should have her remove the chips from all the nurse clones first. Then she can teach them how to remove them so they can work through the rest." This way all our friends live and it might even be done quicker than having just one person do each clone. I would call on another engineer but there isn't anyone else I feel is trustworthy. Someone is behind this plot, making everyone outside of this room a suspect, besides Ahsoka and (y/n). I felt a wave of sadness at the thought of Ahsoka, she still hadn't returned and I'm growing more restless each minute. I shook the thoughts away from my head and tried to focus on the main problem in front of me, "I also think we should send a transmission to Kamino to stop our clone production. We need to make sure they aren't suspicious of us though, something tells me they knew of this plot the entire time. But we can't confront them until all our clones are free of their chips, we don't want them tipping off whoever is behind this and have them activate the order."