63-Self-Destruct

Anakin's POV
I almost had her.

I felt her coming back to me in that moment. But her pain and anger because of me took over once again and I let her slip through my fingers. I grabbed the drink in front of me and chugged it down so the liquid burned my throat. I set the empty glass down and asked the bartender for another.

It's been three weeks.

Three whole weeks since I last saw her and she never once left my mind. The pain was excruciating. If I was lucky enough to get any sleep, I only ever dreamt of her. I dreamt of our wedding, I dreamt of the day we caught Obi-Wan and Satine in the closet and how we ran through the hallways laughing together, I dreamt of us training together that always seemed to end in.. well you know. Every dream, a happy memory that made me feel like my mind was tormenting me.

"Would you like to buy some death sticks?" A short smelly man came up next to me at the bar as I was drinking my fifth drink of the night.

"I would like you to go away." I growled without looking at him and continued on my drink.

"I can get you a good deal." He continued and I rolled my eyes as I set the glass down harshly on the table.

I turned to look at him and waved my hand in front of his face, "You don't want to sell me death sticks."

"I don't want to sell you death sticks." He nodded and he was about to turn away when I stopped him and I waved my hand again.

"You want to go home and rethink your life."

"I want to go home and rethink my life."

I watched as he turned around and left the bar. I chuckled to myself and finished the glass. "Can I have another?" My voice started to slur and the bartender gave me a look like he was contemplating on giving me more but he eventually nodded and filled my glass. "Thanks." I grabbed the glass and continued to allow the liquid to burn my insides. Alcohol was the only thing that dulled the pain in my chest. I still always felt it, but it gave me a little relief.

"Would you like some company?" A feminine voice came from my right and I had to hold in a deep sigh. This was the fourth girl tonight to come up to me. There was nothing wrong with them, these women were beautiful but despite my wife wanting absolutely nothing to do with me, I still love her and only her. Like I could ever want anyone who isn't (y/n).

"I'm good thanks." I responded in an annoyed tone without even giving her a glance.

"Come on, I bet I can cheer you up." She placed her hand on my arm and I yanked it out of her grip roughly. "Jerk." She mumbled with hurt feelings as she walked away.

After another hour had gone by and I was eight drinks in, the bartender finally cut me off. I was annoyed at him but I was also extremely intoxicated so my protests were coming out in drunken slurs and I'm pretty sure he couldn't understand a word I was saying. He had every right to cut me off, I couldn't even stand on my own.

I was sitting in a chair and leaning on the bar with my head down when I felt a pair of hands grab onto me, "Don't touch me!"I tried pushing the hands off thinking they belonged to a random woman.

"Jesus Anakin how much have you had to drink?" I heard the familiar voice of Obi-Wan. I lifted my head and the room was spinning but I could make out Obi-Wans blurry features.