50-Its Time

(y/n)'s POV
"Ready, you are not." Master Yoda shook his head when I had asked him if I could have a padawan. I was surprised by his response, I really thought that I was. What else could I possibly do to prove myself to be ready?

"Can I ask why?" All I wanted was to be a teacher just as Anakin is to Ahsoka. I didn't think it was fair that I wasn't being granted this after everything I've done to prove myself to him, and the council.

"Much training you still need." Was all he said with a nod, of course he wouldn't give me a straight response. He always had to talk in riddles. Which was incredibly aggravating.

I stood up and bowed, "Thank you for your time." I didn't give him much time to respond, I quickly left his room and stormed away. I felt like I wanted to cry, I thought that being able to teach a padawan would be a great privilege and to be denied it hurt.

They don't trust you.

That's not true.

"Hey are you okay?" A familiar voice came from behind me and I sighed with relief, glad I wasn't going to be wallowing in my thoughts.

"Hey Lida," I smiled at my dear friend who had a look of concern on her face, "I'm okay just a little frustrated." I sighed.

"Come to my office, tell me all about it." She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and we walked down the hallway towards her office. Once inside I sat on the chair in front of her desk and she sat behind it. "So what happened?" She leaned in her chair and placed her feet up on the desk.

"I asked Master Yoda if I could get a padawan but he shot me down." I shrugged, would I ever be considered ready to them?

"Now why would he do that? If anyone is capable of perfectly training a padawan it's you. You're the greatest Jedi they have." She praised me with a smile and I felt myself feel a little better.

"He said I had more training. Whatever that means.." I rolled my eyes while leaning back in my chair, "I don't know how much more I can train, I'm ready I know I am. I just wish he saw that." I sighed and rubbed my temples, I was beginning to form a headache.

"Do you think it's because you aren't trusted?" She questioned and my eyes snapped to hers quickly.

"What, no I'm sure they trust me."I shook my head, I haven't given them a reason not to. I think. "I've been loyal to the council since I've been here, besides my secret marriage." I smiled a little at the thought of my husband.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just thought with the past you have that he might be letting that affect his judgement against you. Which is unfair of course." She rolled her eyes and took a sip from a cup of water she had on her desk.

That can't be true could it? I thought my past was put behind me, no that couldn't be the reason. I had to believe they trusted me. But.. then I thought of Ahsoka, they turned their backs on her when she needed them the most. Was that gonna happen to me? Were they doubting me? My mind was running crazy with these dangerous thoughts and I took a deep breathe to wash them away.

"My past is behind me." I assured her, "Whatever decision Master Yoda made I have faith it wasn't because of that." I felt like I was trying to convince myself more that her.

"If you say so." She took another sip from her cup and all I wanted now was to go see Anakin and talk to him about this. I know Lida wasn't having any bad intentions but I couldn't help the negative feelings she was causing me to feel.

I stood up from the chair, "I should go, I'm suppose to meet Anakin in the training room." I gave her a small smile and she nodded.

"See you later (y/n)." She set her cup on the desk and leaned forward towards her computer.