Chapter 34- Trust

After minutes of pleads, Zach finally let me join them in the kitchen. Apparently, Uncle cooked the breakfast and he has friends coming over. The others were here as Zach mentioned earlier.

The savoury smell of garlic bread and the aromatic smell of lasagna, hearing the sizzling of the bacons in the pan. This is heaven.

I didn't realise I was standing beside the stove until my hands touched the pan.

"Ow, ow, ow" I desperately blow air on my hands and scurried to the sink.

"Isa, u okay!?" Zach called from upstairs.
"Yah! Just.. got excited. I think"

The old man wearing worn out flannel with a black long beard chuckled, chucking his beer. Probably one of Uncles friends.

I pursed my lips into thin line, cheeks are flushed, and lower my head in embarrassment. The footsteps of Uncle saved me from further humiliation.

I know exactly the sound of their footsteps. Even Zachary, Tristan, My parents, and Kris. That's what you learned when you have strict parents, never letting you leave the house in the afternoons.

Uncle kiss my head and proceed to check on his masterpiece. "Glad you are able to finally walk." Uncle looked at my healing legs and nodded to himself.

I help with the arrangements of the table, wincing here and there, making Zach come over to me every time.

Before I can even sit, laughter filled the entrance followed by the loud clangs of mentals.

The old man beside me stared at me confuse as to why I hadn't taken any seats. I wait patiently until the guests arrive at the dining area.

My wound is aching from standing for so long though I lean on left leg. My mouth watered at the food but ignored it and focus myself on standing straight.

Zach came down freshly showered with a towel over his head. He mimic my action and we stand, hands in our back.

" Sitting on the comfortable chair won't hurt, would it?" The old man broke the silence. We didn't reply. I know it's rude but it's against the codes.

Finally, the guests arrived. They are all men, two of them are slightly build while the three looks like the guard in school, fat. Not very fat but their tummies are round

Uncle notice our gesture and nod in appreciation. Even the the two slightly build guest nod. That's interesting.

We sit after al the guest took their respective seats. Uncle introduced them to me amd they're all welcoming for far. Like Uncles reunited with their niece.

"These young fellas are interesting, aren't they?" The guy, probably in late forties spoke. He has tattoo in his right temple. The old guy named Lito.

"They are trained very well." He added. I raise my brow in question. I continue to eat my bread and ignore the stares of a keen, wise man that sits two chairs to the right in my front.

"Well, they are raised well. And it's a pleasure to be a part of their growth as a fine lady and gentleman." I smiled at Uncle's direction.

It is true that he was there for me, but I'm afraid I'm not aware of Zachary's part.

Froi, the old man beside me ask for my assistance on the bowl of salad. I stood up and get the bowl on my right hand while the other one grabbed the spoon.

I carefully laid the salad on his plate the amount he wished, and add a pepper.

"Why did you put pepper on it?" I smiled sheepishly and mouthed, sorry. I should stop putting pepper on other's plate.