Chapter 30- A Dream In A Dream

"Its me, Isabela" My voice cracked, feeling my eyes water. I swallowed the lump in my throat and cleared my voice.

"Isabela are you okay? We've been looking for you everywhere. The whole town went crazy " The worry in his voice spread a guilt in my core. I should have called him the moment I got here.

"We?" I thought no one knows about my departure.

He released a long sigh. I could picture him pinching the bridge of his nose.

"One of the travelers saw your wrecked car. He reported it to the police and the search is still ongoing.

" I-I'm sorry for not calling you, its just um" My shoulders slump down and I stared at the floor beneath me. I feel helpless. It's a good thing I don't have parents who will tore down the whole town just to find me.

"Where are you exactly Isabela? Are you with Tristan?" He sound desperate in finding me, but I couldn't guarantee my disposal this instance given I have been promised to someone I don't know.

"Yeah, Tristan is with me, Its-its a long story, but....." I look around to see if anyone is loitering around. I lowered my voice.

"I'm at the north, oh no-no somewhere in the East side, surrounded by mountains" Gosh can't I remember the important things in life?

"I-I'm sorry I couldn't remember anything Jackson told me-"

"It's okay Isabela. I know where you are just listen to my instructions and we're gonna get you out later tonight"

Chill ran down my spine as soon as I heard what Uncle Fred said. This is the only chance of freedom. I really hope luck is in my side.

I ended the call after bidding goodbye a few seconds before Jackson entered the hall. I crossed my arms over my chest and lay my back to the concrete wall with my right foot pressed firmly to the ground to hold my weight.

The sound of his footsteps echoed in the deserted hallway and I keep my eyes closed. As he near my figure, I open my other eye to inspect.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Here we go again.

"Just chillin" I close my eyes again savouring the cold concrete under my thin shirt.

"Trying yo contact anyone? Emergency? Ir your lover?"

I huff out of breath. As if he's going to call me. I guess he's busy stuffing his mouth with junk food again. A growl interrupted my thoughts and I ooen my eyes to search where it came from.

"So you do have a lover?" His eyes now turn into shady grey. I gulp in nervousness. I keep forgetting they are all animals.

"Yeah, I mean no. He's not a lover. We're friends that love and loathe each other at the same time so, no we're... not......lovers?"

This is embarrassing. I look up to see his lopsided  smile. Nah, more like a smirk. Why does these men giving me flirty smirks? First Enoch then this one. I should really keep my distance.

" The council requested your presence" He began walking, his expensive shoes against the tiled broke the eerie quite that settled after my reminiscence. I raise my brow then turning into a frown and gradually settled in a confusion.

"Why would they want me?" I jog to keep up with his long strides. He didn't look back just keeping his eyes straight ahead.

" A few finishing touches for tonight's celebrations. Though ignorance is a bliss, one must have enough knowledge to behave while participating a sacred ritual"