Chapter I - Wrath

Word count :1722

Running through the thick forest with fog surrounding the area is last the thing I want to do in my life.

But under this kind of circumstances, I'm afraid it's the only option for now. Panting and out of breath, I forced myself to run faster knowing that if I ever stop just a milliseconds, I surely will die.

A growl erupted scaring the animals here, including me. I ran faster and I think I broke my record in running. I have to outrun and reach the falls few kilometers away. There I could hide and rest and reach the city before dawn. There I can live my life and do what I want to do. Travel the world, finished my studies and became a soldier. From there I could fulfil what my father wishes for me before he died..

A thunderous growl that literally shook the ground interrupted my thoughts. It shook my core and bring chills to my spineMy heart beats louder and I could hear the blood rushing to my ears. I am getting tired. My labored breaths signals me that I am still alive.

I am going to die, but I will not let myself killed without giving a fight. Even if it means giving up on my father's wish.

Out of nowhere, I was thrown to a tree. Embracing myself to prevent such damage, it was too late. My very own back hit the tree with a loud thud and dropped on to a muddy ground. A crack was heard signalling I broke my rib or two.

I cried in pain.

There's pain everywhere. My chest hurts like it was hit multiple times. I tried to steady my breaths but it only add pain in my chest. Gasping for air, I brought my right hand to  chest to ease some pain but it won't go away.

I spit blood out of my mouth. The more I tried to move, new pain emerged in my side. I can feel my broken rib poking my lungs in every breath I take.

I tried to move my legs but it was numb. I can't feel both of my legs. I think its paralysed I cried in pain knowing it will take time to heal and a lot of money for operations and treatments. I can no longer go to the academy. I will not become a soldier.

I sob in pain and frustration. I heard growls coming towards my direction. Their powerful paws land in the ground with a thud. Lokking up slowly, my vision became blurry because of the thick liquid in my eyes. I think its blood.

I blink hard to clear my visions. Three wolves with sharp canines protruding in their mouths. Thick Saliva dripping in their mouths that turned into a snarl. They are big in size and bulky, enough to crash a human. Some furs in their body are gone revealing claw marks. As they near, a foul smell lingers in the air making me gag.

The action made all of them growl. What really scared me is their glowing red eyes. I could exactly pin point the colour, its like neon maroon. Bloodshot eyes that could kill in one glance. Their eyes hold anger, lust and pain.

I know for sure it will be the end of me when someone lu-

"Open the fucking door Isabela or I swear I'm gonna break these wood if you don't come out and burn that stupid book of yours!" said a very angry voice.

What the actual fuck?! Slamming the book tightly, I sigh in frustration. Gosh that is the third time she interrupted my reading. Swinging my legs out of the bed, I walk slowly in the door purposely to annoy that hell out that btich. She really is a impatient woman.

"What the do you want?" I said angrily. Knowing that it will piss her off.

"I've been texting you for the past hour and you didn't even dare seeing it. Its Saturday and you should be coming with me for my check up.!" she said breaking a sob.

ISABELAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें