Chapter 32

I've been sitting on a bench located at the backyard of the mansion for a few hours. Staring at the lifeless forest ahead, I wonder how they manage to plant those trees and bring it to life, only it resulted to a creepy dead forest.

Its not the appearance of it does make it look lifeless, well for me it looked lifeless, but the aura, the vibe coming off of it. To others it may look like a picturesque view because of the tall thick trees and green leaves.

My thoughts were drifted to the painting I hanging on the coffee shop I used to visit. It isn't identical, but the vibe seems familiar. The clouds are dark giving off some gloomy mood. I held the shawl tighter bringing it to my nose as the cold wind picks up its speed.

I heard one of the maids yell at me for staying outside. These people.

My feet covered with mud. Don't ask me why. Well, I jump out of the window when I heard the cries of a cat, stuck in the tree.

As I near the back door, I heard rustling of leaves. I look behind me and squinted my eyes. Damn this weather.

Suddenly, cold hands grabbed my  arms and a piece of cloth covers my mouth sealing it shut to prevent me from screaming. Shit. They put something on the cloth I graze my nails to the door and planted my muddy foot on the wooden floor.

My vision became blurred and my head feels heavy. Before my eyes fluttered shut, I whispered.

"Damn you, shithead"

⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

" The borders are sealed with our warriors, your majesty. The Gamma of district 4 and 5 have already prepared for the trainees dispatch. The ceremony will take place as you ordered."

" And the rouges spotted near the river?" 

"In the dungeons, Your Majesty"

Any other order, King? Jackson mindlinked me. 

"You can go. Tell district 4 and 5 to report after their dispatch". This time I answered. Its rare to have me speak with my subjects. I guess it's been a long time since I came back home. The warriors left the court room as Jackson and I continue our discussion.

I didn't pay attention to him, as I focused my self on my mate. My dear mate.

"Can't get enough of her ,yeah? You know the very first time I saw her, I was just like you" I growl at his comment. I couldn't blame him for feeling that way. She attracts the crowd and force them to focused their eyes on her.

"Don't speak about her like that. Remember whose mate you are fantasizing " I warned him as I push my wolf out a little. I straighten my back and held a cold glare.

"I'm very much aware of that, Your Majesty. I know it's disrespectful of me to even think that." I sigh in relief.

"But you should know that also" A rush of heat traveled in my body hearing his comment. I balled my hands as I prevent my wolf from coming out. My posture is calm yet I'm raging inside.

"Whats the fuss, Jackson?" I said calmly.

He chuckled as if he remember something funny. " No, nothing your majesty. I'm curios about something" I narrow my eyes to him. And motion for him to continue. 

"Did you feel the same six years ago? When-"

The door of the courtroom burst open, revealing the maid I entrusted my mates safety. The panic in her eyes says it all. I stood up from my throne and walk down the aisle. My wolf surfaces bringing the people around me on their knees. That goes also with Jackson. The maid cried hysterically. I'll deal with her later.

Jackson throw orders while I remove the robe and change into my casual clothes. Every one feel the tension rising in the palace. Good, they must bring back my mate or else. I went to my office and wait for the search party to start. 

"We found this at the back door. Seems like they left in on purpose" Jackson gave me a petal of dried rose and a piece of cloth. I bring it to my nose and inhale it. Witch.  They've used sleeping spell to my mate.

" West, northern part of Huntsvill. Near the river bank" I whispered. Jackson nodded in understanding.

" You think it's them?" The only one whose brave enough to do this to me are the Roses' Coven. They never failed to test me. Even left an obvious identity.

"I don't think. I know"

"My king, the warriors are ready." The 1st district commander reported.

" Good. Release the rouges"

"Si-Sir?" 

" Silence the one who will spread the fire. We couldn't risk the information about my mate gone missing." I look at my watch then look out the window. Ten minutes before the sun goes down. They can't be that far.

"Now". The commander muttered under his breath before leaving. The witches are here. I know they took my mate. There's a mole in the pack and I need to eliminate the threat before it take the breath of tomorrow.

-----------------------

Isabela

I woke up feeling cold.  Something damp was put onto my legs. A bandage full of leaves covered my hind legs. My dress now ripped showing the wounded leg while the other covered with blanket. 

The door open revealing Uncle Fredd with a tray in hand full of  food. Confused,I narrow my travel my eyes to my surroundings. Wooden floor, ceiling, furniture. We are in a cabin. But whose? And Where?

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you where we are. I hope you understand that we are not in the normal world you know." I furrow my brows in confusion. I move my self up and lay my head to the headboard. 

"Why?" 

"Why what?" I drink the water from the night stand before continuing . " Why kidnap me when you could just ask them to have me for a couple of days?" I groaned in pain. My head is throbbing and I don't where to put pressure.

"Here. Drink this now before it gets cold." 

I finish drinking whatever it is. I instantly feel better.

"So how the hell it happened? A dog can't bite like this. Don't tell me a bear did this. Oh my god what If I have rabie?! No what if I turn into one of them?!!!" I cried.

"Oh jesus Isa, that is impossible. Stupid actually."

"Then I wouldn't  turn into a bear?" I sniffed, calming down a little.

"You would, but not into a bear" He stood up and check the IV  attached to my left arm.

I wipe off my tears, completely calming. calming down. "Then what?"

He stared at me for a seconds before answering.

"Werewolf"

For the second time I cried again.

-------++++

Hey loves! I know I haven't posted an update for awhile. I just wanted to let you guys know I have been busy especially its nearly the end of the first semester. Dont worry, I'll make it up to youuuu

Love you guyss! 💚 💚