Chapter 39- Arum Lilies

"Hi"

He growled walking to me without breaking eye contact. I gulp in nervousness. As he near me my palm sweats and I rub it to my pants. I cower from his piercing gaze and look at, uh Oh Enoch. Thank goodness. Familiar faces.

My mate grab my waist and hide me from the men. " I told you I'll join after this meeting" He whispered down my ear. His breath fanning the left side of my face. " I have to tell you something." I whispered back not looking to him. He grip my chin and made me look to his eyes. 

"Look at me when you are talking" A warning tone hides from his soft voice. Of course hes not gonna let me disrespect him in front of his subjects. I stared at him squinting my eyes. Trying to avoid his dark gaze.

"Isabela! Glad you are here" I sigh in relief when Jackson entered with a map on his hand. My mate rolled his eyes and face the crowd. Jackson ignored the death glare of my mate and continued laying the map down.

Before my mate could protest, I slid down to one of the chairs near Jackson. I pretend to not care about the stares I've been receiving the moment I stepped foot. 

"Since our future queen decided to grace us with her presence, let's continue the discussion."

My mate sit down beside me, grazing his legs to mine ever so lightly. He plop his elbow down to the table flexing his muscles. Those muscle can choke me to death. Enoch cleared his throat and I glared at his direction. He only raise his brows leaning forward. Oh he's challenging me. I lean backwards crossing my arms over my chest puffing my chest.

" The number of rouges becoming more and more large. Last month there are reported cases of missing plants in the gardens  near the east boarder. The latest report says three pots of Arum lilies in full bloom were stolen."

" Whats with the stealing of plant? There are plenty of that in forest." The one who I remember with a guy that interrupted us in the banquet hall ask.

"It isn't just a plant. Arum lilies is said to be a Death flower which our ancestors used in battles. It is dangerous for us as well as other creatures if mixed with other dangerous plants.These plants were destroyed hundreds of years ago after the battle took place inside our field. Only a few left."

I processed the information taking notes in my head about the plants. I love plants so I might help them in finding it.

"Our trackers traced fragments of dried rowan flowers around the botanical." Jackson revealed a patch of dried red petals securely sealed, on the table. I attempt to inspect it but Enoch beat me to it. I glared at him.

"What does rowan do?" I ask coolly not sounding too curious, but Jackson knows. I can see a tiny quirk on his lip. 

"Rowan tree is believed as a protection from witches and fairies" My mate filled me in. He ask for the patch and he inspect it keenly. Witches do exist?

"So witches exist and fairies too? Are there vampires also?" My stomach started to ache a little bit but I forced it down. 

" You seem rather calm about their existence" The guy, named Clark stated bluntly. Well I don't know why , but after learning about werewolves my mind almost accept the absurd idea.

"I'm surprised also. Guess I've had enough of your kind that my sanity let anything absurd sink in" Growls erupted in the room. Oops. "Apologies if you feel attacked, but that is what I experience throughout the life here. No offense" Their posture calmed. I can feel a pair of eyes burning holes in the back of my head.

" As I was saying, Its unlikely to have the witches to steal them. We have Rowan trees planted on the surrounding of every botanical and green house." 

"You think its an inside job?"

"I'm still looking to that possibility." My stomach churns. Acid started running in my chest. I suppress a groan. I brought my hand over my mouth covering it and furrow my brows to look like I'm thinking.

"No one can enter the botanical. Not without my permission nor the Head healers. It is highly secured by my trusted men. Though we can take the assumption to our list. I'll consider it."

To clear any confuse glances at my direction I speak. "What kinds are immune by rowan trees?" Clark said humans, royals, healers and other witches. "Are there any human residing here?" This time my mate answered.

"There's a few.... maids and helpers. I doubt they will do such thing. As for vampires, there are no sightings for centuries. We have a few witches but they are under my command. They won't dare."

I cannot suppress a moan coming from my lips. The acids beginning to burn my throat. Beads of cold sweat formed in my forehead. 

"Isabela, you okay?" I recognize it's Enoch. I stood up in attempt to exit the room but the acid is unbearable so I throw up. Rush footsteps immediately in my side. Some barking orders.

I vomited green liquid. My throat burns and some vomit come out of my nose.  I heave and more vomit came out. MY mate rub my back soothingly. He helped me up and sit on the chair. He cupped my cheeks. My vision become hazy and blurry. Concerned looks are thrown in my way and I dismiss it by saying I am fine. 

When I calmed down and feel a little bit better I face them. I never receive concerns  this great after my family died. They are the only ones who cares about me. Even Uncle, Zach, Kris and Tristan. 

" Get the healer here real quick. We had to make sure she wasn't poisoned."

My mate growled and hug me. Squeezing me. The action brought another wave of nausea and I push him away. I heave and vomited. Instead of green liquid, blood came out. Something drip on my nose. Disoriented I wiped my nose. Black blood.

Someone picked me up and rush me outside. I still could grasp whats  going on. My vision blurry and hazy. The lights are dancing in my eyes. I couldn't think straight. The chest throbs painfully and I yelp in pain. I cracked a sob then my body became numb.

Before I let myself fall into the abyss I saw him. The shadow towering my figure.

*************************************

Hey guys! I feel loved. By the amount of support I received this week, I am grateful that my readers wait for my updates and voted for the chapters. 

Words cannot express how happy I am today. Thank you so much! Stay safe and hope you enjoy the chapters