Chapter IV- Phone Call

The hallway is crowded by patients, running nurses and doctors. The white walls are dirty with muds and blood, must be the emergency.

I stood stiffly watching dying patients are trying to save. Machine attach to their body while the nurses pumping oxygen in their mouth, other performing CPR.

The smell of alcohol and antiseptics invade my nose making me gag. The sudden action make my head spin. Touching my head blood covered the side of my face dripping into my chin. I can't feel any pain just dizziness. Its the only time I finally observe myself. Bruises forming in my legs, scratches and blood covered my arms. I lost my other so my left foot is in good condition. My t-shirt soaked by my blood.

I waited patiently for the doctors to come out and spread the good news. I waited hours not moving. Nurses approach me to clean my wounds asking me questions but I cant understand them. I guess my body is still in shock after the accident.

I cant think straight. My mind can't process the sudden event making me feel numb. Oblivious of the result.

Finally after 4 hours of waiting, the doctor come out making me stand quickly. I rush to him and began asking questions like 'How are they? My parents and my siblings, are fine?' They are alive right?'

Those questions are answered instead they bring me inside where they performed the operation.

Fear started to crept inside my body. Thousand thoughts about my family being safe run to my mind. I keep thinking positive things and remind myself they are ok.

My hope instantly vanish when I saw the pale feet of the person lying in the bed. I further travelled my eyes upwards and quickly regret doing it.

Four sing beds were occupied by four persons located next to each other,thin white cloth covering their body leaving the feet bare. I covered my mouth breaking a sob.

No this cant be happening.

I slowly walked to the first bed. With my shaking hands I reach for the fabric. Slowly pulling it down, my cries grew louder. My knee buckles and I hold the bed for support. Pale almost white face with purple and black covering the half of my father's face. There's a long cut from scalp to nosw diagonally, deep almost black colour. Yellowish brown forming under the eyes.

I almost gag, but hold myself together. I sob hard tears flow angrily, breaths become short. The doctor began explaining the death of my family but I didn't hear any of it. There's a ringing in my ear only the blood rushing through my ears. Finding a courage, I cupped his cheeks slowly leaning my head towards the side of my face I cried, hearing the footsteps of the doctors and nurses leave the room.

Leaning back a cold hand grip my neck preventing me from turning my head to the side. Panic start to build up my body. I did what I only thing I could.

I scream. I scream at the top of my lungs. The temperature drop quickly leaving goosebumps in my arms. Hair stood up behind my neck.

Isabela

It whispered right into my ear. I let out a loud scream thrashing my legs and my arms, trying to break free but it only tightened the grip leaving prints.

"Help me!! Pleaseee!!"

No one seems to hear my wails as the shadows of foot steps continues passing the room where I'm at.

Isabela... It whispered again but other voices joined too. Sounds like enchanting my name over and over again. Moving the head up, a loud gasp leave my mouth as I stared at the mirror facing me. Dread filled my body. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now.