Chapter 42- My Mind is Alive

"I got attacked in my room and I don't know where I am. Could someone help me find my mate?"

It took a moment for them to realize what I just said and the next second, the room was in a panic. Men shouting at each other going out in the front door and exit, women secured the children by hurrying them in the hall.

The King's guards gathered around, circling me. I peak through their shoulders to see if Zach made it. As I scan the room certain angry eyes caught my attention. There he is, marching towards me with dozens of warriors behind him. I squirm under his gaze and look in the other way. I can still feel his intense gaze even in the wall of Broad shoulders.

A gush of wind enters the area that is supposed to be close. Shit. I'm only wearing a gown.  And my butt is on display. Thankfully no one was looking. I hurriedly tie the gown.

While pulling it rip off and I feel the gown lose on my shoulders. I squeal in surprise. A guard tilted his head down but I halt him.

"Don't look. Do not look down. I'm fine. Just wardrobe malfunction" I whispered shyly. I gathered the cloth in my body and wish the floor to swallow me again. But nothing happened.

"Um, can someone lend me a shirt? "

"Why do you-"

I turned around and see my mate looking at my butt. His eyes flash from black to green. My cheeks warm in embarrassment. He marches towards me while I stare at my feet. He scan my body for some injury and when he found none, he exhale in relief.

He closes the distance between us and hugs me tightly. I stilled. He buried my face to his shirt and I'm thankful I'm covered, well at least a little. He breathes in my neck and mumbles to himself. I squirm a little bit tryna grab the loose fabric in my chest. A growl stopped me from squirming.

Did he just growl?

"Um..a . Excuse me, Sir. I uh need a shirt" I squealed when he squeeze my bare waist. He took off his shirt in one hand while the other palm my lower back.

I gawked at his tan chest, his muscled biceps that can choke me to death. To his eight buns below. Wish I can bite those.

"Like what you see?" He said while keeping a straight face. His comment earned snickers from the guards. Another blood rush and an endless cursing under my breath.

He then put his shirt over me. Ugh, this smells heavenly. Even better than Jake's perfume. Once I am dressed in a knee-length size shirt he grabs my hands and we part from the crowd of warriors. His hand is warm. I found comfort from his large calloused hand. I keep tugging down the shirt as it keeps rolling up as I'm keeping pace with the long stride of my mate.

As we pass the hall, a lot of wolves and warriors are guarding the building. There are some in the treelines, some barking orders. I saw a mad chick in training gear looking bored as ever.

"What's happening outside?" I asked and no one seem to want to answer me. I pinch my mates arm unconsciously. The habit of mine when someone ignores me. I stumble ony feet and smack my face in the hard wall. I groan and massage my nose.

I look up to see my mate glaring down at me like I did the stupidest thing I've ever done. Those black orbs swirling in emotion I tried to understand.

"Did you just pinch me?" His voice drops sending shivers to my spine

"What?" I asked ignoring his intense glare. I notice the group of warriors behind us also stopped. Waiting for us to continue walking.

They turned around and continue walking. What's wrong with him? Somewhere along the hallway, Enoch greeted me and I just wave at him shyly. My mate noticing the exchange pushes me behind him. Holding me behind. The other side of my face planted on his hardback.

I frown and face the window outside. I saw them. The warriors. They're everywhere. But one figure, in particular, stood out. Shit. He doesn't know how to blend in. There he was, on top of the tree branch with lots of vines and leaves covering his body. He's in a crouch position in between thick branches.

Someone cleared a throat. I was tugged rather harshly. I glared at his hands wrapped in my arm. Stupid ass king.

The walk continue for minutes, where I  admire the walls and the antique pieces of furniture I saw in the hallway. Enoch and mate talk discussing some things, while the warriors trail behind. Enoch glance at me from his shoulders now and then and I pretend to not notice.

We stop at a large oak double door with warriors on both sides. I peek at my mates shoulders to see them bowing respectfully. One of them outstretch a hand and give a folder to Enoch. And pass to my mate. He let go of my arms and went inside.

Dumbfounded, I stayed outside with warriors guarding me. A thought pop into my mind.

I step my left foot inside and both of them bowed and step out. I feel like royalty. They did the same. I saw it done by barbie and I thought it would be fun to test it. I grin like a child. I did it like three times until I am shoved inside by a warrior who look like he wanted to slap my head.

I scowl at him which earn a growl from my mate. I just smiled innocently. He rolled his eyes and gesture me to go sit beside me. I observed the room. There's a large oval table with chairs surrounding it. Of course, my mate and I attacked the head of the table.
on
I realized it's some sort of meeting place, like the other one I've been into but more spacious and formal. There are bookshelves from the left corner, a fireplace, a couch facing the balcony. Some paintings and drawers.

My mate and Enoch whispered to each other while flipping through the folder. I didn't bother to look or ask some questions because the weight of stress and all the happenings lately take a toll on my body. I lean my head upwards and slouched my body to rest. I close my eyes and prepare to take a nap.

A warm hand grip my thigh and squeeze it gently. I sigh in comfort. I didn't bother to look at him when he tug my shirt further down covering my knees.

He twines our hands together, resting on his thigh. He murmurs something to my ear. Something like "It'll be over soon". And kiss my temple.

I am sleeping by my mind is alive.

Soon, pairs of footsteps entered the room. From the sound of it, it could be males. I felt a pair of heated eyes on my face. Their presence put me on edge but I didn't bother to open my eyes. Ugh, my head hurts.